Not quite a Civic... but still fun

going to visit tomorrow and get the word on the fuel system. Shop also got the euro headlights in so those will go on the car and possibly a passenger side mirror.

Paint shop claims they didnt dent the car, but their job was to make sure there were no dents before paint, my dad doesnt recall ever denting the car and the restoration shop had a corner out of the way that the car was always sitting in for the past 15 years. In addition to the dent there is a lot of severe orange peel to which the paint shop replied "oh paint shrinks"

after much arguing the paint shop is going to honor their workmanship lifetime warranty and redo the paint, dunno whos taking responsibility for the dent

The nice thing is the mechanic is only charging my dad for parts, and only charged him for half the labor time on the total restoration

Where is that dent located? I can't tell from the pic. That's good that the mechanic isn't over charging.

front passenger quarter, right next to the headlight. the car would have almost had to have been in pieces to dent there cause the bumper sticks out a inch or two beyond the metal just beneath the dent, and the bumper has been on since paint was done

Last edited:
I see it now. I can also see the dent on the 2nd pic from the original post. When was that pic taken? Same day you got it from the shop?

yea, once we got it home we noticed a few things, took it back the next day to say we found these and just wanted to let you know that we didnt do it

latest word on the issues are clogged fuel filter and the screws in the airbox were loose causing a false air situation. Headlights are in, the intake manifold and fuel systems are in pieces. ETA is two weeks to get the car back together, tuned and through the paint shop to resolve this mysterious shrinking paint

Mechanic update:

False air situation is corrected, pop off valve installed and the car is re-tuned back to proper operation. The warm up regulator had been causing some of the issues as well, it is supposed to be keeping the fuel injectors at 30-40 psi while operating, due to corrosion in the WUR its operating pressure was over 120 psi. Thats been replaced, apparently corrosion was too bad to just service it and repair.

The car is running perfectly now, still a little unwilling to do the first cold start of the day, but its 36 years old, and its better than it was. With the false air gone and WUR acting as it should the engine pulls hard from all RPMs instead of having a significant pickup like a turbo spool or vtec cross over at 4.5k.

Car is going to paint either the end of this week or start of next. If it cant get into paint this week, we're taking it home to enjoy the weekend with it

Last edited:
suction cup mount on its way, should be strong enough to hold the camera and a ultra wide angle lens, depending on if the car gets to paint and weather there may be some videos this weekend

Let me know when you are going to that Cars & Coffee in Hunt Valley again. If you are again?

I will be once the car is back, either this weekend or hopefully next once the car is finished

I will be once the car is back, either this weekend or hopefully next once the car is finished

Hit me up. I might be able to swing by this weekend. Next weekend might be good also. I have a wedding to attend next weekend in the evening tho.

its all 8-10am, ill post around if im going

I want an engine/exhaust sound vid while driving. Some nicely edited car pr0n. Ya know shots of the tach revving, the laptop saying danger to manifold,....

LrsTa.jpg

Back