Not quite a Civic... but still fun

Well.... it's not like its that far off, what with mercedes and others getting into 7,8, & 9 speed trans.

FnF - always ahead of the curve. Hahahaha

2013 carrera 4s is 7 speed manual or PDK (flappy paddle)

Paint shop wont be taking the car till the 29th, so we got a short shift kit that will be going on tomorrow, then taking it home till the 29th. Hope to get to Cars and Coffee and get some videos.

Cant wait to have the throws shortened cause right now first is up past my knee and second is near my hip

Paint shop wont be taking the car till the 29th, so we got a short shift kit that will be going on tomorrow, then taking it home till the 29th. Hope to get to Cars and Coffee and get some videos.

Cant wait to have the throws shortened cause right now first is up past my knee and second is near my hip

What the hell? Does that think have an old truck shifter?

100_0820mod.jpg

nothing so crazy, it looks like this, the shifter is low compared to your leg, and because of the driving position i have to adopt to not have my head in the roof, hitting 1,3 and 5 requires leaning forward.

The pic looks to be in neutral to me, maybe second if the linkage is tight or a short throw kit is installed

intfrt.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like you need an extension as well as a short shift adapter.

Im getting more comfortable with the car every day, but it still terrifies me enough that i dont push it much in corners. Mainly the idea that there are no driver aids like on a modern car, so if i mess up the car can kill me, and if the car doesnt my dad probably would finish the job. Last time i took it out with him he did keep telling me to corner faster and faster until tires started making noise. My biggest fear is the tail stepping out, which im starting to realize with the engine behind the rear axle will probably take more effort than im willing to put in.

Once we get into the off season the car will go back to the shop for some "mods", turbo tie rod ends, torsion bar adjustment to take the ride height down a an inch or two to european spec, new struts in the front, passenger side view mirror and whatever other fun things we or our mechanic can come up with. After driving it in the heat yesterday i kinda want AC, but dont think its worth it, AC was a dealer installed option on US cars.

Calculated my fuel economy, with the car intentionally still set to run rich, 95 degree weather, on a 110 mile trip though a bit of traffic, highway doing 70-85 and a good bit of full throttle acceleration its getting around 20mpg. Considering the CIS system does not like this hot weather at all i think thats doing pretty good on a 36 year old sports car

tried out the new mount, audio quality is decent, but the angle sucks, i cant get the camera mounted high enough on the back window. Im thinking of reclining the passenger seat and putting the camera on the rear side window and seeing what happens

son of a *****

Reactions: Nix
Went to pick up a key from the nearby Porsche dealer, pulled in and smelled gas. The high pressure line from the fuel pump into the tunnel to the back of the car ruptured and was spraying fuel on the front passenger brake disc.

Its a steel line through the tunnel to the back, but its a rubber line with a banjo fitting on the fuel pump and a pressure fitting to the steel line. Someone had cut out a broken section of the rubber line and spliced in another rubber bit with hose clamps and somewhere around the spliced in bit broke. No idea how long ago the patch job was done.

Last edited:
Back