NYS Emissions Testing, Monitor Catalyst and EVAP Not Ready

You mentioned the battery system recharge. I had a recall letter for this problem on 2012s. Maybe this?

eb6befa52f8d15ce2ae29a687d313c63.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1423943736785.gif
    uploadfromtaptalk1423943736785.gif
    48.3 KB · Views: 26
An update for any interested parties.

I did the modification to the P2R throttle body spacer as pointed out by webby a few weeks ago. Since then I have had no recurring "tighten gas cap" messages and when reading emissions codes everything clears out. It almost would seem as tho the system was resetting at every start and that's why the message came up intermittently. It only came up when the ready monitor would set. I'm still assuming the reset was due to the code but I can't find out how to verify that. All I know is I modified the gasket and everything is working fine now.

sorry to bring this back to life, but I had such a similar problem and thought I would share!.

I had a 2008 civic si with a power chamber intake. This intake needs a smaller battery. I couldn't get it to pass emissions for the life of me. A handful of trips driving up and down the highway, doing all the different speeds and still not getting all the codes. Soo I took out the intake. Put the proper battery in and the next thing you know it passes. I think you are dead on with the battery/charging system. It needs to hold the codes in its memory in order for it to pass.
Glad you passed now. Such a stupid emission.

@Twitch , @Pauly99to17 Are you guys still having issues with the p2r spacer and the gas cap message? I don't know if its what webby linked already but I just put one on recently and cut a hole in the gasket. No issues.

Cut like so:

IMG_0327_zps74d53626.jpg

IMG_0326_zps72045ef8.jpg

I never had an issue. I notched mine as soon as I got it. There was a thread talking about how to do it. I remember posting pictures in it.

It's been a year and I'm back in the same boat. No battery issues but when going for emissions testing monitors are reading not ready. I'm at a loss with this and not sure where to start looking. Plus it's snowing so I can't exactly work on the car in the driveway.

You'll have to do the driving thing again where you go for a period of time at 55mph etc. Didn't you go through the same thing last time?

Ugh, brah, reg your car at my house. hahahah. Im so glad I'm not in that state anymore. Inspections here are "uh, no smoke & flames, honk your horn and you pass."

Yes I have to do the relearn procedure again. My question is why? My battery has not died nor have I changed anything in months. These codes should remain ready for a length of time once they become ready. I drive 50 miles a day to get to work.

Ugh, brah, reg your car at my house. hahahah. Im so glad I'm not in that state anymore. Inspections here are "uh, no smoke & flames, honk your horn and you pass."
Tempting. It would be a hell of a lot cheaper to insure too. My parents live in Indiana and it's the same thing.

I got the sensors to reset and pass inspection. Looks like it resets at night when it's cold out. I have a 1 year old optima yellow top battery and the battery is still good. Should have more than enough CCA and the car never struggles to turn over. I'm going to keep investigating.

I had the same problem today with my inspection, monitor Cat wasn't ready and neither was evap...after about 35 miles of city/hwy driving combined Catalyst monitor was ready but Evap wasn't and still isn't

Evap is the last to set. You typically need to turn the car off and let it sit before it will set.

I can't my catalyst monitor to be ready.. I drove for an hour at 55mph and it's been enabled for a while now.. I have a turbo with no cat but I was able to pass last year after driving a steady 55 mph for 20 minutes.. Not sure what's wrong.. Maybe the sensor is bad..

have you had the o2 mounted in the car while turboed with no cat? It could be bad

have you had the o2 mounted in the car while turboed with no cat? It could be bad
Yes.. Ive had it mounted the whole time(about 3 years) with no cat.. It had a defouler on it the whole time and i just leave disabled through flashpro.. Last year i had no problems.. I just enabled it, drove at a steady 55 for about 20 minutes and it was ready and i passed.. This year i tried again and it hasnt come ready yet.. Ive left it enabled for about a month now with regular driving and its still not ready..

have you tried taking the o2 out to look at the tip? Even with the defouler in place, it may be a mess.

Back