Official Computer Talk Thread

Honestly these days its no more cost effective building than buying. Personally I would help them buy a new computer. U get a valid windows license and usually some sort of warranty as well for about the same price it would cost you to build one.

Edit: that is unless you forever want to be there computer support.

Edit: that is unless you forever want to be there computer support.

This! **** that. I don't want to be there ***** whenever they have a problem. Family members and friends do that now... :-/

This! **** that. I don't want to be there ***** whenever they have a problem. Family members and friends do that now... :-/
Yeah friends and family do that to me. There all like you do this all day every day. And I'm like so that's why I don't even want to look at a computer outside of work lol.

So it's only a problem for Internet Explorer? I use google chrome and I'm not having flash issues.

I'm not 100%...

Last month, Adobe had released a batch of critical security updates for Flash Player. Those updates were available for browsers but Microsoft has yet to release the update for IE10 in Windows 8. That will not happen until well into October.

Makes it sound like it's only IE with this issue, as long as the other browser is up to date?

Google is still the same on Win8. Maybe IE10 will have a better flash support than Google once that update comes in. It was advertised that the new IE will be faster than Chrome.

Google is still the same on Win8. Maybe IE10 will have a better flash support than Google once that update comes in. It was advertised that the new IE will be faster than Chrome.
That's always advertised though. The last study I saw showed firefox beating out both IE and chrome though so maybe Microsoft needs to set there sights higher.

Anyone can give tips on how to dual boot into Windows on a Mac? I am on a iMac for a couple weeks and wanted to see about playing guild wars 2 on the Mac but currently arena net does not support Mac so dual boot into Win seems to be the best option. Having issues installing the game using "wine" emulator.

If someone has time and doesn't mind....could they help me build a gaming computer for around $1000-$1200? It is for my roommate.....mainly would be used for gaming and internet.

he need a case and everything, or just internal components?

Bump! :)

Purchased a new desk about 2 months ago.

665295_10151451130770116_155564816_o.jpg

679918_10151451130720116_80036261_o.jpg

78337_10151451129260116_21812222_o.jpg

I need a new mouse... Looking at the Logitech G400. Anyone have that one?

Back