Official Computer Talk Thread

^ that. Corsair sells various cable kits and sleeved cables for certain psu models. I’d just shoot them an email explaining what you’re looking for and your model info.

$24.27 with shipping plus tax. almost $30 for one cable. im having a hard time justifying this.

they replied to your email and quoted you that price for the cable?

you can order it right from their site. starts at $10 for the cable, about $15 for shipping plus taxes. id rather spend $100 on a new psu.

Shits getting expensive just to play emulators (if that's what you are still only using this PC for).. :/

ive given up on emulators. im trying to play pc games now. to be fair, this computer needs more than just a video card but its a start. im going to call around some computer repair shops and see if they have a cable.

Got my new psu and over clocked my 2200g to 3.7ghz respectably with the stock cooler. Ram is at 2800mhz installed the GPU and over clocked to 1150 and mem to 1500. Runs Forza horizon 4 at medium 33fps. Picking up a wraith prism tomorrow.

Had a brain fart earlier. Added a second fan to my CPU heatsink tower and when I plugged everything back in my monitor wouldn't connect to the computer. It helps if you plug the cable into the video card where it will actually work.

Had a brain fart earlier. Added a second fan to my CPU heatsink tower and when I plugged everything back in my monitor wouldn't connect to the computer. It helps if you plug the cable into the video card where it will actually work.

Well at least it was something easy and didn't cost money/time :thumbsup:

Currently my main rig is offline for maintenance :hiding:

It's offline since I'm going to clean it and do replace the thermal paste/compound. It's been about 3 years (or longer) since I've reapplied it. Temperatures aren't high but rather do it now while I'm thinking about it/have time.

Edit: Fortunately I'm using the backup rig. It is the rig I was given that I needed to replace the motherboard/RAM.

i5-7500 w/ 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 6GB GTX 1060

Currently my main rig is offline for maintenance :hiding:

It's offline since I'm going to clean it and do replace the thermal paste/compound. It's been about 3 years (or longer) since I've reapplied it. Temperatures aren't high but rather do it now while I'm thinking about it/have time.

Edit: Fortunately I'm using the backup rig. It is the rig I was given that I needed to replace the motherboard/RAM.

i5-7500 w/ 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 6GB GTX 1060

Backup rig is still a dang solid machine!

Backup rig is still a dang solid machine!

Actually got the machine for free from a co-workers husband. It was having issues with not booting (Powered on then powered off). He wanted me to fix it and I told him it could be a few things (mobo, RAM, PSU) and he didn't want to be without a computer. So he ended up getting a basic PC from his brother and said I could have this one. So I just ended up replacing the motherboard and RAM ($80 into it) and she's working. She's been fine for the past month.

I'm not sure why he bought a PC with this high of specs for just basic use. He doesn't game or do any video/picture editing.

Actually got the machine for free from a co-workers husband. It was having issues with not booting (Powered on then powered off). He wanted me to fix it and I told him it could be a few things (mobo, RAM, PSU) and he didn't want to be without a computer. So he ended up getting a basic PC from his brother and said I could have this one. So I just ended up replacing the motherboard and RAM ($80 into it) and she's working. She's been fine for the past month.

I'm not sure why he bought a PC with this high of specs for just basic use. He doesn't game or do any video/picture editing.
Happens all the time. People get oversold on PC hardware so often. That, or they think that they need top of the line everything, so they end up spending $2k on a machine to browse FB and check email.

Happens all the time. People get oversold on PC hardware so often. That, or they think that they need top of the line everything, so they end up spending $2k on a machine to browse FB and check email.

Fortunately I think he bought this on-sale for around $700 from what he told me. It was $600-$800 range which isn't that bad for the specs. Decent parts.

Back