Official Computer Talk Thread

Installed the 3600. Set memory to xmp. Maxed out my awful gpu with afterburner. Been playing a game for about 20 minutes without crashing. When setting it all that way with the 2200g it would crash pretty quick.
Glad it's going well so far! :thumbsup:

@Janz3n - hey, check out Amazon and Newegg. 5600x and 5800x are both in stock and ready to ship.

FedEx lost my SecretLab Titan. I waited months for stock to replenish. Now they’re offering to send me another.. when they’re back in stock..

still cant believe how bad my 2200g was holding back the performance of my graphics card and ram. co worker just got notified that his 3080 has been shipped which means i'll be getting his 1080ti soon.

still cant believe how bad my 2200g was holding back the performance of my graphics card and ram. co worker just got notified that his 3080 has been shipped which means i'll be getting his 1080ti soon.
How much is he paying over MSRP?

I don't game much anymore, but my 1080Ti has been solid since I got it used about a year and half ago. Well worth the $280 I got it for.

i think its hard to do. i think it would show up instock backorder so you could put it in your cart then they ship when it arrives at the store. pretty sure like instock cards this happens pretty fast. he was using that site to notify when instock so he got it quick. out for delivery today.

Coworkers 3080 arrived yesterday at work. Man those things are big. Decided to trade his 1080ti ftw3 for another coworkers 1080ti sc2 black. Gives me more options for smaller cases.

Coworkers 3080 arrived yesterday at work. Man those things are big. Decided to trade his 1080ti ftw3 for another coworkers 1080ti sc2 black. Gives me more options for smaller cases.
Nice! Post pictures when installed :)

Nice! Post pictures when installed :)
Of the 1080ti or the 3080?

Coworker I'm trading for the dual fan 1080ti said he had no time to swap his out on Thursday so I won't get it till Monday. It's funny. I look back to the time I had no kids and can't remember when I didn't have enough time for that stuff.

After looks at affordable itx cases I'm kind of regretting the trade. The 3 fan fits in all the cases I'm looking at. Originally I wanted a super small one but after getting the 240mm aio the case size has changed.

I could just sell the card for $700 and then wait for 3060 cards to be in stock.

any changes to this setup aside from the obvious old mother board? would be re using my 550w psu, 1080 ti, ryzen 3600, 4 tb hdd. i wanted to water cool but it doesnt seem worth it with a 120mm aio. 140mm aio wont allow the gpu and hdd cage to fit and since im not going to have any glass panels i dont care about how it looks inside. this is the case i orginally wanted to build last year. also the case on amazon is $77 not $110 cnd.

did you put the other parts in to see what the wattage totals up to? 550 might be low, but I'm not sure

did you put the other parts in to see what the wattage totals up to? 550 might be low, but I'm not sure
no , i have not. but i know its lower than recommended. lol.

filled it all out and its under 400watts. although i think evga recommends a 650w.

still debating just going with a 120mm aio.

Last edited:
Ugh. Installed the gpu. Set horizon 4 to max settings and it crashes in the loading screen. Guy that I traded with was having similar issues so I'm getting the ftw3 card tomorrow to see if it does the same thing. I hope it does because I really want the sc2 instead.

Ugh. Installed the gpu. Set horizon 4 to max settings and it crashes in the loading screen. Guy that I traded with was having similar issues so I'm getting the ftw3 card tomorrow to see if it does the same thing. I hope it does because I really want the sc2 instead.
Oh that's weird. You removed the video drivers you had and installed brand new ones for the 1080Ti?

Oh that's weird. You removed the video drivers you had and installed brand new ones for the 1080Ti?
yes, if the ftw3 card does the same thing i'll have to start diagnosing. from what ive read 550w psu should be plenty for the card. its a newer psu too. my only concerns are maybe the motherboard isnt up to it or a driver/software issue. i'll end up just buying a new nvme and doing a clean windows install.

Back