Official Computer Talk Thread

I have nivida gpu now... Kind of miss my old AMD.. seemed a lot more compatible with how I want to use... my dual screens hate my gpu and can run some games only in full screen and some only in window. With old gpu never had these issues... now graphics and overclocking the ti is nasty

it was an option but I didn't go for it, not worth it for me. I actually just got a teeny 500gb lol

it doesnt have 2 drive bays? most of gaming 17inchers have 2 bays, just install when u have an SSD for your OS, and u have your 500gigger for stuff... actually some 15.6inchers are starting to have 2 bays too... you kinda do need both... :)

My desktop had 3 hard drives, an SSD for the OS, and two HDDs - one for added program and one for backup. Well, the drive for programs done croaked. Need to start working on an RMA with WD go get it replaced. Good thing for 5 year warranties.

Last edited:
I have seagate 1.5TB and it went bad after 2-3 months. The symptom was like tick tick... But after couple days in the freezer, I came back to life. It's about 4 years old now and still running strong. Cross finger!

it doesnt have 2 drive bays? most of gaming 17inchers have 2 bays, just install when u have an SSD for your OS, and u have your 500gigger for stuff... actually some 15.6inchers are starting to have 2 bays too... you kinda do need both... :)
Didn't think of looking, I'll check it out

I have seagate 1.5TB and it went bad after 2-3 months. The symptom was like tick tick... But after couple days in the freezer, I came back to life. It's about 4 years old now and still running strong. Cross finger!
man I would not trust that drive. If you have important stuff on there... I'd keep it backed up somehow.

Can any of you guru's tell me how to make youtube play on my pc............ I can play from My files , but not from YT directly or from this forum.... I have the flash player/reader/etc. ............. What could be the problem?

Can any of you guru's tell me how to make youtube play on my pc............ I can play from My files , but not from YT directly or from this forum.... I have the flash player/reader/etc. ............. What could be the problem?

you get any error, or a message... or the video is invisible or?

Last edited:

What O/S and browser? Occasionally with Firefox on Win7 I have to reboot Firefox in safe mode sometimes, as I can't play youtube video links here... seems some updates to the add-ons I use break the playback ability. I can see a black box, and click on it, hear audio, but no video.

Sometimes running all the add-ons I have no issues. I haven't delved too deeply into finding the cure.

Thx for the input guys, it's working now, and I don't know why...............

IYwRus2.jpg

I think that's going to be my next laptop =]...Im guessing you would recommend it? :D

Oh yeah. I love it. Has it been a year now since I bought it? Hmm..

Core i5 CPU + 6GB RAM is definitely sufficient :)

I'm not a fan of tablets or netbooks so this worked for me.

Anyone here have the following (one or all)

- Intel Core i5 3570k CPU
- Corsair 400R PC Case
- CoolerMaster 212 EVO CPU Cooler

Thanks

Back