Official Computer Talk Thread

80C on the stock wraith cooler? Yeah.. you did something wrong.

What other games do you have/are you going to get?
well, i bought forza 4 a few months ago before i sold my last computer, also sold my xbox controllers. so that , wanted to get into some fps since i now have a key board and mouse. liked the looks of battel field, probably call of duty, assassins creed valhalla looked good.

my temps went to 95c with cinebench.
vgRsY4p.jpg

my temps went to 95c with cinebench.
vgRsY4p.jpg
Well.... considering you have the factory/stock heatsink that's expected. Also Cinebench isn't a good real world test. You'll rarely (if at all) be maxing that CPU out...

IF you want to tell the wife that you are reaching MAX temps just to get a nice aftermarket CPU cooler then go ahead and show her that chart :giggle:

Valhalla is that for the 5600x??? I put a Noctua U9S on my lady’s computer and it’s been extremely good for her usage. I wouldn’t think you’d need to go much bigger than that.

…except it seems like the Chromax is super popular right now…why not?

Valhalla is that for the 5600x??? I put a Noctua U9S on my lady’s computer and it’s been extremely good for her usage. I wouldn’t think you’d need to go much bigger than that.

…except it seems like the Chromax is super popular right now…why not?

I was just playing a bit of Forza Horizon 5 and I didn't go above 59.4C but then again I have the Corsair H115i (280mm AIO).

Go Chromax! :woot:

wife doesnt care what i spend money on right now after spending hundreds on botox and lip filler. anyways, thats another story for a different thread.
i plan on getting a 240mm aio eventually, i want to pay off my credit card first.

wife doesnt care what i spend money on right now after spending hundreds on botox and lip filler. anyways, thats another story for a different thread.
i plan on getting a 240mm aio eventually, i want to pay off my credit card first.

Do tell in another thread!

Yeah 240mm AIO is definitely sufficient for your setup. I went 280mm to get the 140mm fans... to match the other 140mm fans lol

Do tell in another thread!

Yeah 240mm AIO is definitely sufficient for your setup. I went 280mm to get the 140mm fans... to match the other 140mm fans lol
Lol. Not much to tell. She thinks she needs to inject her face to look good but she doesn't. And I hate that she's spending money for something that gets absorbed into your body and disappears. Then there's me that just want a a super charge his civic which never disappears.

That’s a hot CPU for not a lot of load.
Yeah. I was thinking the same. I can't see anything I'm doing wrong. Not over clocked.
Wonder if it's just lack of case fans.

Just ordered one Corsair ml120 case fan. Front supports 3 but it seems useless as most of it goes into the undertray and it's not RGB so you want see it. And a deep cool 240mm AIO

Last edited:
I re applied paste. Didn't help any. I think I need a better cooler. Battlefield v.
View attachment 64548

Something is wrong... Stock cooler should be much better than that!

How did you apply the thermal paste? Did the Wraith heatsink have pre-applied thermal paste? Did it have a piece of plastic on it?

I know I've seen some people install heatsinks that they didn't remove the plastic piece and the temps were high.

What are your temps in the bios?

Stock heatsink fan is going the right direction? What is the CPU fan speeds set to?

Something is wrong... Stock cooler should be much better than that!

How did you apply the thermal paste? Did the Wraith heatsink have pre-applied thermal paste? Did it have a piece of plastic on it?

I know I've seen some people install heatsinks that they didn't remove the plastic piece and the temps were high.

What are your temps in the bios?

Stock heatsink fan is going the right direction? What is the CPU fan speeds set to?
Thermal paste coverage was good when I removed the cooler. Plastics was removed before install. I'm not a noob. Come on. I apply thermal paste in the middle pea size.

Haven't checked bios but I let it idle and it went to 44c. Shoots to 56-60c when I move the mouse. Sitting at 48-50c watching YouTube at the moment.
Not sure about the fan direction. I didn't feel any air coming off the top of the cooler so I assume it's fine. Haven't checked bios.

Thermal paste coverage was good when I removed the cooler. Plastics was removed before install. I'm not a noob. Come on. I apply thermal paste in the middle pea size.

Haven't checked bios but I let it idle and it went to 44c. Shoots to 56-60c when I move the mouse. Sitting at 48-50c watching YouTube at the moment.
Not sure about the fan direction. I didn't feel any air coming off the top of the cooler so I assume it's fine. Haven't checked bios.
I'm just trying to think of everything.. not saying you are a n00b. :shrug:

Hmmm... :think: shouldn't jump like that when moving the mouse. YouTube depending on which browser can jump CPU temps. I've noticed that on my 5600x and 5800x.

Guess it's just a basic stock cooler and needs upgraded.

"The Wraith Stealth that comes with the 5600x is crap. That was my conclusion after trying it. It has not heat pipes and not even a copper plate to touch the IHS to help conduct heat. A good cooler would probably keep it under 80 C consistently, even at those ambient temperatures."

^ found this in an article lol

@Janz3n

30-35C while using Microsoft Edge with 6 tabs open along with Discord on my 2nd monitor.
35-40C (drops down to 30-35C at times) while using Microsoft Edge with 6 tabs open along with Google Chrome playing a YouTube video (1080p) not in full screen.

cooler will arrive today. i'll slap it in tonight and see how it goes. the wraith does seem pretty small for that CPU. played battlefield for a while last night and was sitting in the 90s the entire time. so much heat coming out of the case.

cooler will arrive today. i'll slap it in tonight and see how it goes. the wraith does seem pretty small for that CPU. played battlefield for a while last night and was sitting in the 90s the entire time. so much heat coming out of the case.

Yeah that's way too hot. Keep us updated. I'll be waiting for the results! :fingerscrossed:

What case do you have? What’s your fan configuration?

I feel like the stock fan setup (1 intake / 1 exhaust) still should be alright for the 5600X... It's not like the 5800X or higher.

Granted I do have 3 front intake fans / 3 side intake fans / 2 top exhaust fans / 1 rear exhaust fan

Back