Official Computer Talk Thread

I might get liquid cooling when it's time to upgrade.

What kind of liquid cooling are you thinking about? CLC? Or full water cooled setup?

The CLC look purdy but they don't keep it "that" much cooler than the 212 EVO.

What kind of liquid cooling are you thinking about? CLC? Or full water cooled setup?

The CLC look purdy but they don't keep it "that" much cooler than the 212 EVO.

Not sure. I will probably ask you some questions when it's time to upgrade.:D

^^
You did by yourself?:eek2: Dang... looks really good. I feel embarrassed now :oops:

Yeah, I get a little o.c.d. about wires being seen. I was actually half tempted to cut the jumpers off the vga cables because they bother me floating in space like that.

For your 1st time thats phenominal. I only wish my cable management was that good. I'd be ashamed to post a pic of the inside of my computer after looking at yours.

All depends on the case and PSU (Full, Semi or Non modular)

holy smokes....

qnxVuIw.jpg

6YbFbZU.jpg

LtjAZLa.jpg

bkZIcgF.jpg

psiYWZw.jpg

NTGidI4.jpg

W9htMOy.jpg

:eek2:

Gaming PC I put together with my father last year (we always wanted to build a PC):
Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Blackout
Power Supply: EVGA Supernova 750 G2
Motherboard: Gigabyte H97-D3H (not overclocking)
CPU: Intel i5-4690 (not overclocking)
CPU Cooling Fan: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO (typical)
GPU: Asus Strix Geforce GTX 970 4GB
RAM: HyperX 2x8GB (16GB) DDR3 (only needed 8gb for my uses but said what the heck...)
SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (for OS + main programs)
HDD: Western Digital 1TB Blue (for games + misc.)
Fans: x2 Fractal Design Venturi HF-14 & x2 Fractal Design fans supplied with case
Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (typical)
Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core (typical)
Disc Drive: Something from an old HP..
Monitor: Again... something I took from an old HP, nothing special but runs 1080p
Speakers: Old HP special..

Was lucky that when I built this everything turned on the first shot.. I have heard horror stories from others.
The thing boots up in about 5 seconds. Does everything I want it to do.. no complaints.
Cables could be managed better but I do not have patience to contort wires for hours.. at least that's how it feels lol.

20160318_170733.jpg 20160318_171140.jpg 20160318_171623.jpg

Last edited:
@wRecKedEX - is that cable tie keeping your GPU from sagging? :confused:

I was waiting for someone.... yes lol. The STRIX is notorious for sagging and at the time I just wanted to get it running so I utilized the available resources... a cable tie that came with the PSU, and a staple to keep it together :wigglesmiley:

A great find! Thank you for the inspiration if it ever comes to pass that my GPU folds in two as it appears may be happening from the photo...... :eek:

What do you guys think about the new graphics card from team green? I think it's titan or titan x. Also what are your thoughts on SLI? I have 980 and was thinking about getting another one.

Not sure if it's worth going SLI:think:

@Flightmaster127 @bootyluvr tell me what you guys think :popcorn:

Back