Official Computer Talk Thread

Don't forget to do some Spring cleaning!

12987005_1188127691199589_1565634121583091653_n.jpg

he had heard good things about the aquarium pc, and was just doing some preliminary testing :nerd:?

O9MZnnw.jpg

What is the best way of disposing of a CPU? Other than just tossing out in the trash....don't what mah infoz out "there", lol

I have 2 towers that I need to get rid of and I also have 2-3 hard drives from even older CPUs.

What is the best way of disposing of a CPU? Other than just tossing out in the trash....don't what mah infoz out "there", lol

I have 2 towers that I need to get rid of and I also have 2-3 hard drives from even older CPUs.

:giggle: @ "CPU"

The trash company won't take them here in the normal trash pickup. I remove the hard drives and then take the computer to the landfill. They have a specific area for old equipment.

Take all the hard drives out of the towers then just toss or recycle them.

I'm not sure on the correct way to permanently wipe a hard drive but I'm sure someone else knows.

You could strip all of the components out of the case and sell them on ebay as well. Some people do gold recovery on motherboards/cpus. There isn't a ton, but some people buy huge quantities of old stuff purely to smelt the gold out of the parts.

I had some fun with my old compyter. Went Hulk mode on that junk

1439526028609.jpg

I used to live in the third floor of a building, and I've thrown quite a few old electronics out the window. Once, me and my brother in law took some old equipment in the backyard and beat the **** out of it with cheap samurai swords.

Back