Official Computer Talk Thread

From the description, it does have 2 fans that come with the case. One at the top and one at the rear. It has the capability to have 2 more in the front.
  • Cooling:
    - Front: 2x 140/2x120mm
    - Top: 1x 140/120mm (1 x 120mm FN V2 Fans Included)
    - Rear: 1x 120mm (1 x 120mm FN V2 Fan Included)
I don't know enough about that watercooled setup you have listed, or if it fits in the case by removing the one included rear case fan?

@Twitch - What made you choose the x61 over say an h110i? Not saying the x61 is a bad CLC but just curious why you picked it. Price? Reviews? NZXT?

The x61 will be quieter due to the variable RPM but the h110i will have more CFM but that might not be noticeable (6.9 difference). Only a $5 difference between the two anyways (x61 is the more expensive one).

I have the h100i GTX (previously had the h100i) and it's not bad. Corsair Link software is decent (I'm not 100% fan) but I've heard great things about NZXT's Cam software (for monitoring temps/changing fan speeds/ect).

When I had my h100i I replaced the stock Corsair fans with Noctua fans. They are VERY nice fans but pricey.

@Twitch - What made you choose the x61 over say an h110i? Not saying the x61 is a bad CLC but just curious why you picked it. Price? Reviews? NZXT?

The x61 will be quieter due to the variable RPM but the h110i will have more CFM but that might not be noticeable (6.9 difference). Only a $5 difference between the two anyways (x61 is the more expensive one).

I have the h100i GTX (previously had the h100i) and it's not bad. Corsair Link software is decent (I'm not 100% fan) but I've heard great things about NZXT's Cam software (for monitoring temps/changing fan speeds/ect).

When I had my h100i I replaced the stock Corsair fans with Noctua fans. They are VERY nice fans but pricey.

I was on the fence between the 2. They are so similar that it's kind of a stupid reason.... I went with the NZXT due to the case. I figured since I was using a NZXT case and all.

313dbb6462d8e405574abe2645396b4f.jpg

e30278ae7249ecd5f29bffb40b770f13.jpg

CPU: Intel i7-6700k
MOBO: ASUS Z170-AR
GPU: EVGA GTX 970 4gb gddr5
RAM: Corsair Vengance LPX 2x8gb DDR4
PSU: EVGA supernova 650 P2
CPU cooler: NZXT Kraken x61
SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500gb
Case: NZXT S340

Will do. I'm making room in the office for it. Need a new monitor and such. Maybe Saturday I'll be all set up and running. Got a free download of the division with the GTX 970 so I might have to test it out.

I'm still working through all the calibrations and everything for the new software, drivers etc.

Do you have a good monitoring program for temps and speeds in one area?

But you were running it for a long period prior to issues....no? So you just bought new ram?

Built/Setup PC a few days before Thanksgiving (November 23rd?). I was running it for a few weeks before the first BSOD. It was intermittent.

I bought new RAM from Amazon on December 27, 2015 (delivered December 28, 2015) since I had enough of the BSOD's. I installed it a few weeks later (mid January?). I haven't had ANY (knock on wood) BSOD's since.

Back