Official Computer Talk Thread

I picture that pc having a pretty loud hum to it with the venting/case fan setup.

Nope it's not that bad. It's definitely NOT quiet tho. I put my headset on and play BF3 and can't hear anything lol :)

I know some people are ANTI OCZ products but here is a 1-day sale for a 120GB OCZ Agility SATA III (same SSD I have) for $69.99 (minus $10 MIR) - http://1saleaday.com/

:eek:

There was a 260 or a 280 gb SSD that was selling for $180 shipped.

in need of a new desktop still running xp
Intel Pentium IV 3.0Ghz
1.0Gb RAM / 80Gb HDD

i paid like 180 for it 2 years ago so it worked out good but its time to upgrade just looking for a basic desktop and want to get into windows 7 was looking on best buys site
Acer Aspire Desktop Computer

• Processor Type
    Intel Core i3-540
  • Processor Speed
    3.06GHz
  • Processor Cores
  • RAM
    4 GB DDR3
  • Hard Drive Capacity
    500 GB
$399

There was a 260 or a 280 gb SSD that was selling for $180 shipped.

Yeah I saw that. I don't need one but for a cheaper $$ it's not bad.

IluvmyCSX: I don't understand what you are trying to ask? You have an older PC and want a newer one but want Windows XP on it? :confused:

he's in need of a new pc... he's still running xp, and wants to get into a basic machine with win7

he's in need of a new pc... he's still running xp, and wants to get into a basic machine with win7

Damn Canada... :canada: :giggle:

French Canadian? lol I'm kidding.

What are you going to be doing on it Mr. IluvmyCSX? I know "basic" but just web browsing and email? Music? Video? Picture?

I'm not a fan of Acer PC's... Never owned one but knew people with them and did't have good luck with them..

nothing wrong with xp.

Didn't say there was. Where I work we are still running XP on 99% of our machines.

He post made me confused. I thought he wanted a new PC with XP... But he had XP and wants a new basic machine with Win7..

^^ that looks like it's right.

It's not a bad PC for the price but I guess when I see "basic needs" I want to know what exactly one will be doing on it. Will it suffice and perform WAY better than the previous machine.. Yes but is there something a few $$ more that will be even better and last longer?? Possibly.

:yeahthat:
i like xp but wife has win7 on labtop and got jealous
What other stores do you have close to you besides Best Buy?
What your price range?

I think this is the Acer for $399.99 I found on Best Buy's site. http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...spx?path=fbd96d647bbbe48832adeb169e2cfffden02

thats the one i just picked up its just for basics browsing web, email
as for acer i have had a couple of their monitors wife has acer labtop never had any problems not really a big fan of hp.

Oh that's what you picked up.. ahhh thought you were asking us about buying it. My bad.

I built mine a few months back but I rarely use it anymore. I mainly use my macbook or iPad.
Intel Core I5 Unlocked
Asus Motherboard
Terabyte Hard Drive
Evga GTX460 Video Card
8GB DDR 3 Memory

i asked the question to the staff earlier but since Chris says hes got a ipad and a macbook, do you really use both, or do you use one more than the other? Ive been debating picking up an ipad in addition to my macbook but i have issues with spending that much on a device that seems redundant, just smaller form factor

i asked the question to the staff earlier but since Chris says hes got a ipad and a macbook, do you really use both, or do you use one more than the other? Ive been debating picking up an ipad in addition to my macbook but i have issues with spending that much on a device that seems redundant, just smaller form factor

I really do use both. I use my iPad when I go out of town and don't feel like taking the Macbook. If Im gonna be doing heavy typing then I use the Macbook. I love my iPad and its easy to carry around the house with you and the battery life is excellent.

Back