Official Computer Talk Thread

fLpy11S.gif

the motherboard stores the original home button/touch id info from what I've read. If you replace the original home button, it will not allow touch id to work, since the motherboard will be looking for the oem button ID. It's stupid, but they say it's for security. It stops someone from essentially stealing an Ipad, swapping out the home button, and then setting up their own fingerprint to use it as their own ipad.
Yep. People would get pissed when I told them that back when I used to repair devices at Staples.
Just googled it. Seems like its that way for the iPad 6. Hope my cousin remembers his password.

Oof. Hopefully. He might be hosed otherwise.
Yeah, but you’re cheap!
Not cheap! FRUGAL! :tongue:

The Asus 3060KO has arrived :thumb:

Top (AMD 6800)
Bottom (Asus 3060KO)

The RX 6800 is a big box but the Asus 3060KO box is huge!

Attachments

• PXL_20210428_182551340.jpg
    PXL_20210428_182551340.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 3
  • PXL_20210428_182543187.jpg
    PXL_20210428_182543187.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 3
got my ipad parts. installed the lcd and temporarily installed the digitizer screen but noticed that not all apps are opening when i touch them. great.

That absolutely sucks. Is it all in the same spot? Like if something doesn’t open in say the 2nd row of the screen, does the same thing happen in the 2nd row of the next page?

That absolutely sucks. Is it all in the same spot? Like if something doesn’t open in say the 2nd row of the screen, does the same thing happen in the 2nd row of the next page?
I'm not sure. I put it together last night and let it charge over night. Tried it this morning. I dont think the screen requires to be fully installed as I saw a video of someone using the screen off the body. I contacted the place I bought it and they said to fully install it but I really don't feel like removing the screen and cleaning the glue off a second time.

I'm not sure. I put it together last night and let it charge over night. Tried it this morning. I dont think the screen requires to be fully installed as I saw a video of someone using the screen off the body. I contacted the place I bought it and they said to fully install it but I really don't feel like removing the screen and cleaning the glue off a second time.
You definitely can use it without it being full assembled. The digitizer should still respond as expected.

^ this. I’ve seen videos in the past with iPads and iPhones working with the screen ribbon cable just connected and it worked fine.

I swear the top of the screen didn't work this morning. I removed all the connectors. Re connected them all and it seems to work good. If I moved the ribbon a certain way it would act up. So I tapped the ribbon the way it's supposed to and tried again and it seems to he good so I secured the screen permanently. Hopefully it works for long enough for my cousin to wreck it again.

Forgot to mention that it seemed like only the middle part of the screen didn't work when it acted up.

Sounds like the ribbon cable has a break or a short.
when i was testing it i put the screen on with out the backing off the tape so i could remove it again, i didnt realize that the ribbon tapes onto the screen so i was shoving the bezel into the ribbon. i may have damaged it but its working fine now that its installed with the ribbon taped up. should have watched the entire youtube video before messing around with it.

AMD Announcement at Computex AMD's FSR will work with Nvidia Cards as well as AMD cards.......

RIP DLSS :giggle:

ive been loving my 1080ti itx build. looks great in the living room and its powerful enough to play some newer games on high. i still barely use it, my kid likes to play spyro.
just installed a xpg gammix s11 pro 1tb nvme, only spot on my MB is on the back so that kind of sucked having to remove everything to install it. the tiny cooler actually fit though which was nice.

ive been loving my 1080ti itx build. looks great in the living room and its powerful enough to play some newer games on high. i still barely use it, my kid likes to play spyro.
just installed a xpg gammix s11 pro 1tb nvme, only spot on my MB is on the back so that kind of sucked having to remove everything to install it. the tiny cooler actually fit though which was nice.
My 1080Ti has been suiting me just fine as well. I don't game much either, but it seems to take whatever I throw at it pretty well. My monitor is only 1440 though, so it might not do as well when I move to a newer monitor.

Back