Official Computer Talk Thread

i did use compressed air to clean it, that computer was my first dedicated Plex server and that little gpu used to handle the transcodes, now its my workbench computer, hopefully soon to be driving a 3d printer

Holy grail (well sorta - FE 3080 is more holy grail but all FE cards are hard to get. Only can get them new at Best Buy and online drops only.

20220113_084735.jpg

New build, or...?
In regards to the reference Nvidia 3070?

I'm not sure... I mean my new build (AMD 5800X/EVGA RTX 3070Ti) isn't even a year old yet lol :giggle:

I just wanted the card and was able to order one. Might just keep it as a souvenir for now :hiding:

Let's Go! :woot: (from Target Drop this morning - Already picked up so not blocking order #/location lol)

Target Order.jpg

That case is interesting :think:

Also reference card 'eh?
I prefer the look of the reference card.
I wanted an open-air case this time. The 3090 generates way too much heat for a closed one.
It was way easier to put it all together and it's capable of being converted into a workbench.

I’m intrigued. I’ve never seen a case like that
There are a lot of open-air cases on the market. I preferred the simplicity of this one.
It's primarily to be used as test/work benches, or for water cooling. I just liked the look of it.
After getting it settled in its final place, I ran into cable length limitations due to my standing desk, so I ultimately decided not to use the tempered glass:

IMG_0566.jpegIMG_0568.jpeg

I'm really thinking of selling my computer.
Whats it worth
Ryzen 3600
EVGA 1080ti black
16gb 3200mhz ram
Xpg gammix s11 pro 1tb
Msi b450i gaming plus
120mm AIO
Silverstone sg13

Probably easier to just part it out.

Last edited:
Back