Official Computer Talk Thread

Damn that’s a lot of fans @bootyluvr. For @Janz3n stock setup, not likely an overall airflow problem but a little more air shouldn’t hurt. But definitely sounds like the stock cooler isn’t cutting the mustard. Another problem could be with the IHS, if that’s not seated properly from AMD, then no matter what you do, you’re not going to get cool enough. They had a problem like that with some 5800x processors. Not as likely but still possible, are you getting good contact? How smooshed is that thermal paste when you took the cooler off.

Damn that’s a lot of fans @bootyluvr. For @Janz3n stock setup, not likely an overall airflow problem but a little more air shouldn’t hurt. But definitely sounds like the stock cooler isn’t cutting the mustard. Another problem could be with the IHS, if that’s not seated properly from AMD, then no matter what you do, you’re not going to get cool enough. They had a problem like that with some 5800x processors. Not as likely but still possible, are you getting good contact? How smooshed is that thermal paste when you took the cooler off.
Hey! My 5000D Airflow had that many spots for fans.. So might as well use them all ;)

But why would they include the stock Wraith cooler with the 5600X if people are going to experience crazy high temperatures?

Yeah that's a good point about the IHS.. I didn't even think about that. :think: If he gets the new cooler on there and it has warm/hot temperatures then I'd return that 5600X and get another one!

Cooler arrived less than 24 hours after ordering. Love amazon.

I'll be installing it in a couple hours.

Paste looked even on the cpu when I remove it.

Thermal paste looked like less coverage than the pre applied stuff. Safe to say the cooler fixed the issue though.
View attachment 64556

Damn! All 4 corners had no thermal paste... Well the top right and top left in your picture above are worse than the lower corners. :eek:

Glad the new CPU cooler fixed the issue. :thumbsup:

Add me to Origin, BattleNet and Steam.

Origin - thereal96accord
BattleNet - accord96#1518
Steam - 96accord (I think that's it lol)

Damn! All 4 corners had no thermal paste... Well the top right and top left in your picture above are worse than the lower corners. :eek:

Origin - thereal96accord
yeah, but it was the same temps as the pre applied paste. i used the pre applied for the aio as well.

Origin - thereal96accord
The corners though typically can have a lack of paste since they’re not generating the heat. It doesn’t help but it also doesn’t explain the 95°C temps. Looks like the AIO brought things in alignment.

seem like the entire internet has the same temps with the stock cooler. maybe amd should provide a slightly better cooler if they plan on including one at all?

AMD cooler is way better than the stock Intel cooler that they insist on shipping with processors that generate twice as much heat. Go figure.

AMD cooler is way better than the stock Intel cooler that they insist on shipping with processors that generate twice as much heat. Go figure.
i5 10600k supposed to be the equivalent to the 5600x, that intel cpu doesnt come one one. wonder how well the wraith spire would hold up as a stock cooler for the 5600x.

Some Google servers are down. Weird when you get a can’t find server error.

Some Google servers are down. Weird when you get a can’t find server error.
looks to be isolated to certain areas or sites. I'm not having issues with it currently, and youtube etc is loading as well.

looks like Seattle is an area having reports

it'd be interesting to open up a command prompt in windows and run a trace. You may be able to see where it fails.

type "cmd" without quotes in the windows search box and hit enter
type "tracert google.com" or youtube/whatever google domain without quotes and hit enter.
You can then see the hops and where it times out maybe. I can't get it to fail on my end.

Spire isn't much better but can clearly see Im not the only one with high temps with a stock cooler. I guess not many people actually use the stock one. Hah

View: https://youtu.be/yhQRWLxKH8o

Mine is still in the box. Since I had the 5800X before (didn't come with a stock cooler) I used my H115i again.

Trying to sell my "old" (used 6 months) 5800x CPU and it's going for $340 (Amazon) to $360 (Newegg) to $320 (Microcenter - if you have one close).

I listed it on @webby 's favorite site.. Facebook (Marketplace) and the offers are hilarious. $150. $200. $205. are the ones that I remember.

Someone told me that my asking price ($275 - which is basically $45 cheaper than the cheapest I've seen - and I expected someone to go down a bit) was what "Microcenter is charging for it right now".... :rolleyes: So I replied to that message with the link to MicroCenter for the 5800x at $320 then calculated tax (6% here in MD) for him and gave him the $339.xx total price it was from MicroCenter :rotfl:

So, dumping computer parts isn’t quite as lucrative as it was about 6 months ago. Bummer.

So, dumping computer parts isn’t quite as lucrative as it was about 6 months ago. Bummer.

With CPU's it never really was. I'm not trying to make $$ off of it. I'm just trying to recoup some of the costs.

Also might sell my un-opened nVidia RTX 3070 Founders Edition... I was going to use it in a rig but I'm using my old machine with your GTX 1080 so don't really have a need for the RTX 3070. :-/

Back