Photos Official Lowered Sedan Pics Thread.. :)

Did you install aftermarket dampers to accompany the Swift spring upgrade? I am interested in purchasing these springs and wanted some feedback on ride quality and how they respond to the road with stock struts/shocks (if that is your setup)... I would upgrade dampers eventually but this is one of those piecemeal purchase routes I'm taking :oops:.
Sorry for the slow reply...been off the grid lately...

Yes I'm on OE struts. Ride is firmer than stock, but not terrible by any means. She handles like a dream...flat cornering.

What is that blue thing behind your grille? Looks god

Are you using that roof rack or it's just for show?:hiding:

That's that upper radiator cover thing and yea when it gets warmer out i put the bike rack on it and haul the bikes...also was used to haul the xmas tree home this past xmas :nerd: other than that just odd things like a weedwacker or some sheetrock..comes in handy and looks good too lol

@Jake LXer Im in love with your setup bro lol are you rubbing or are your fenders rolled? Im wanting to get some wheels 18x8.5 +35 you think I would rub with that? Im on d2 springs as well... I would be using the stock 225/40 tire

I didn't rub at all until i put on the 14mm spacers for a more aggressive look, i only rubbed in the front so i rolled the front fenders but the back are still ok...im not too sure on wheel setups i prayed that these wheels looked good on my car lol, from what I've seen @Nix knows his stuff on wheel setups

Ok cool thanks for the info.. @Nix you think ill be ok with the drop I have and with a 18x8.5 35 on the stock tire? Without rolling fenders or negative camber?

I think you'll make it. You might rub slightly on large dips. The back will gain neg camber from the drop so I think that should clear. You'll only need camber arms in the rear if you think the camber is too excessive. I personally wouldn't run more than -2 on a DD/street driven car. The drop may put you right around there anyway. On the front a single ~$30 set of camber bolts dialed up to -1 should work. That will also help your car handle better and it won't really wear the tires too badly either.

You can buy all sorts of gauges and tools. The shop is just easiest and accurate. You can even set your own toe if you know what you're doing with plates and strings. check google for auto cross alignment DIYs. Those guys have a lot of tricks. I tried setting my own camber with a digital level that attached to the hub with a magnet. Hard to know without a good 0 degree reference to work off of though. The Longacre stuff should work. Ill eventually pick one up. Been eyeing a good camber gauge myself for a while.

Camber gauge:

http://www.longacreracing.com/products.aspx?itemid=1797&prodid=7215&pagetitle=Digital+C/C+Gauge+w+AccuLevel™+and+Quick+Set™+LW+Adapter

Toe plates:

http://www.longacreracing.com/produ...0270&pagetitle=Toe+Plates+with+Magnets+(pair)

Thanks, ill give em a try...its just there is only a couple shops near me and I just think to myself that they won't do it cause I'm too low to get on the rack lol..just like the damn car wash places:mad:

Back