Official Meaty fitment / Functional thread

Hey everyone! I'm looking to get a thicker tire on my stock wheels. It's a 215/40 right now I think. I have a 2012 civic si sedan. I shouldn't have a problem with 225s right? I'm going to be lowered on eibach pro kit in the future with the possibility of some wheel spacers.

Hey everyone! I'm looking to get a thicker tire on my stock wheels. It's a 215/40 right now I think. I have a 2012 civic si sedan. I shouldn't have a problem with 225s right? I'm going to be lowered on eibach pro kit in the future with the possibility of some wheel spacers.

That shouldn't be an issue at all. When you do the spacers (depending on size) you might have to run some camber or minor fender roll

Can i join club beef?

HR springs , fenders rolled and pulled, no spacers, -0.5* camber front -4* rear, ill try to make it -2* at one point to avoid excessive camber wesr and more function.

17x9 +35 xxr wheels Bridgestone Potenza RE71R 235/45/17

20150812_193034_zpsrsigljdg.jpg

20150812_193050_zpsxynnjwpb.jpg

20150812_193109_zpsadicysme.jpg

20150812_193210_zpsliyfrktq.jpg

@Alberto521 - How do you like those RE-71Rs? I have last years RE-11A, frickin love em. They are getting a little scary in heavy rain since they're pretty worn. I've been considering a set go the 71-R but I don't know if the new compound will get overheated too quickly. I know they are supposed to heat up faster than the old 11-A but on extended runs, e.g.: dragon, I worry that the new compound will get too hot.

@Alberto521 - How do you like those RE-71Rs? I have last years RE-11A, frickin love em. They are getting a little scary in heavy rain since they're pretty worn. I've been considering a set go the 71-R but I don't know if the new compound will get overheated too quickly. I know they are supposed to heat up faster than the old 11-A but on extended runs, e.g.: dragon, I worry that the new compound will get too hot.
The grip is amazing, it's so sticky that i feel one of my rear wheels almost.going airborne. I drove them through a tornado storm, extremely heavy rain and lakes of water at 80 mph no problem, i can take clover loop exits off the highway at 55 mph tores dont even squeal. They're beautiful, i don't know how to give you a good answer regarding overheating as i only auto cross and my runs are just a minute or ao, but they do not loose grip.

I rolled and pulled my fenders more....but i found out where im rubbing, that screw that connects your resr bumper to the fender, im thinking of using a dremel and cutting that off.

Reactions: Nix
Lowered on hr springs, 17x9 +35, 235/45/17 , fenders rolled and pulled, i still get lots of rubbing, any help?

Current set up on camber is -0.3* front, -4* rear, front barely clears struts, i will try to gt as close to -1* front, and -2* rear on froday.
The problem is as follows:

Stock tire diameter: 24.7"
Your tire diameter: 25.4"

235/45/17 is a bad size for these cars. If you don't know about aspect ratios being a percentage of the tire width then I would suggest reading up about it.

245/40/17 has a diameter of 24.7" - you may find these will actually fit your car better, albeit technically "wider"
235/40 is more conservative and has better gearing anyway.

I made a thread about these, they are 17X8.5 offset 30. I can't find a but one person on the web that has these and the guy is not on any forum from what I can tell. I like the meaty look but I do not want to do a ton of modding to get these to work and def do not want to run a super skinny tire.

I think these would be hot with a set of pro-kit springs on my modern steel metallic Si.

SR07_SMF_001.jpg

Back