Official 'What did you do to your car today?' Thread

Q300 + Tools + 1 hour = Installed!

null_zpsd783af6f.jpg

Tsudo's are awesome! Dont ever put the silencer in, just enjoy the volume :D
Silencer is not an option. I wanted some noise. Plus I don't think it's as loud on the outside as it is on the inside. Basically just trying not to piss off the neighbors.

@VNPP - Did you put the small washer behind the bracket or on top of it between the bracket and the bolt? If I remember correctly - If you hold the bushing up to the bar the black part sticks out a little past the brass colored metal. You are supposed to slip the washer in that space. You can just bolt the bracket and bend the tab but it looks like yours was just bad luck and snapped. Look into the energy suspension ones if you are having to replace them anyway.

@VNPP - Did you put the small washer behind the bracket or on top of it between the bracket and the bolt? If I remember correctly - If you hold the bushing up to the bar the black part sticks out a little past the brass colored metal. You are supposed to slip the washer in that space. You can just bolt the bracket and bend the tab but it looks like yours was just bad luck and snapped. Look into the energy suspension ones if you are having to replace them anyway.

I think i did correctly, i had my dad take a look as well. Right now ive got one energy suspension bushing and one that the bar came with. The suspension feels alot better now and its not making a popping noise anymore now that it's all in one piece again! I guess it was bad luck or something but ill make sure to keep a look out and check on it in a few days

how much of a delay does that valve really put in
Not sure, but it's definitely noticeable. With it in, the engagement point will be different for different rates that you let the clutch out. It's much more consistent with it gone. That's why it's been such a popular mod on more performance oriented cars

interesting, the diy thread on doing it is the first i had ever heard of it

As far as civics go, that thread was the first I heard if them having it, but it makes sense now given how non-linear the clutch feels on the new ones compared to the older ones.

Back