Official 'What did you do to your car today?' Thread

I installed front Centric Rotors and Stoptech pads. I still need to get rear rotors. Lol.
IMG_1807_zpsca4f9651.jpg

IMG_1808_zps266e5b37.jpg

IMG_1812_zps7fb16d09.jpg

IMG_1814_zps20824f7c.jpg

IMG_1816_zpsffa53cab.jpg

IMG_1819_zps3ff45511.jpg

IMG_1824_zpscfb64c96.jpg

Some of that thing called maintenance. At 30,000 miles. Topped off tire pressures, checked and topped-off fluids, new wiper inserts. You know, the things you have to do to keep your Civic running. Couple of weeks is alignment check and new tires for the off-summer season.

Some of that thing called maintenance. At 30,000 miles. Topped off tire pressures, checked and topped-off fluids, new wiper inserts. You know, the things you have to do to keep your Civic running. Couple of weeks is alignment check and new tires for the off-summer season.

I have to do my 40,000 mile maintenance next week sometime as I'm 300 miles shy of that mark :(

How do you like it? Do you have subs in the trunk?

Yeah, I have a couple of puny subs, but I am doing it more for the road noise. Not even close to done yet. It is very time consuming and rough on the hands so I am doing it in little chunks.

What did you use to if this? Can I get it in red? Please !!!! Looks incredible !
It's VHT Wrinkle Plus. The only available colors are red and black. The best working temp for this paint is between 75-90 degrees make sure you spray it outside and not in the shade. What I did was spray it with a very light coat first, so that the paint will stick on the part at the second coat. Wait for 10-15min. 2nd coat will be very heavy, but not too heavy that would cause runs. Wait 5-10min for another coat if needed. Let it dry outside under the sun, not when it is very cloudy or windy. The sun will do most of the work that gives the wrinkle look. When the part is dry enough (probably 2-3 hours), bake it in an oven for 20 minutes at 200 degree F.

So in other words I should do this when the better half is not home( I don't think she would like me baking car parts in her brand new expensive as hell oven) thanks for the info I'm getting it this weekend!

So in other words I should do this when the better half is not home( I don't think she would like me baking car parts in her brand new expensive as hell oven) thanks for the info I'm getting it this weekend!
Yeah. Pretty much. Lol.

You'll smell the paint in your engine bay and cabin for several days. The engine heat will do the final curing. Lol.

Back