Official 'What did you do to your car today?' Thread

Someone dropped a 12mm Socket into a buddies Evo X MR. Two days later, the turbo assembly was out and the socket was recovered. What a nightmare.
20dc990f9d98662a50c2520c8a9a3d53.jpg

Oh my goodness that musta sucked @stilletto. I hate working on my buddies evo. no room. sorry for liking your post lol. I recovered 3 nuts after taking off my IM. haha

Not exactly a 9th gen. Was bored today so got to installing my IM on my hatchy. Need some bolts here and there but the hard part is done. Lost about a pint of blood through my knuckles. :mad:

View attachment 49861

View attachment 49862

What radiator is that and how do you like it? I am looking at replacing the stock one on my 97 civic that I'm building.

What radiator is that and how do you like it? I am looking at replacing the stock one on my 97 civic that I'm building.

It's a cheap eBay one and it used to leak but sorted itself out. Never had any other problems for the 6 months I've had it. Have a mishimoto waiting to go on which i would recommend over the eBay. The fan is is a blox 12" which I would recommend for a cheap replacement.

It's a cheap eBay one and it used to leak but sorted itself out. Never had any other problems for the 6 months I've had it. Have a mishimoto waiting to go on which i would recommend over the eBay. The fan is is a blox 12" which I would recommend for a cheap replacement.

I was considering the Skunk2 radiator. since its right about in the price range I was looking for. I have learned that ebay is not the place to go for parts. I have other things to accomplish first though like getting the car through emissions this month on the stock ecu while running 440cc injectors and finding some way to prevent the supercharger from making boost so it doesn't throw itself into limp mode.

Oh my goodness that musta sucked @stilletto. I hate working on my buddies evo. no room. sorry for liking your post lol. I recovered 3 nuts after taking off my IM. haha
I dropped a 10mm wrench in my bay last year... Never recovered it lol
It was messed up cause we swear we saw the socket through the snake cam but nothing came up when we shook the turbo. Ended up having to pull the snap ring and remove the housing just to find it. It was a big celebration when the socket finally hit the floor. Now onto putting everything back together Sunday. Womp.

Back