Official 'What did you do to your car today?' Thread

Xm7dGOV[1].jpg

Finally picked up a 2012 hfp suspension + 16-14mm washer adapters for my 2014 lx sedan. Was quoted anywhere from 350- 700 for the install (SF bay area region). I preferably want a honda dealership to do the install, found one and was quoted at around 450 w/o alignment. Hoping everything works out as many dealerships said no to my request.

qFC3c3M[1].png

Also picked up this oem drive shaft since my cv boot is torn and is spraying grease all over. Unfortunately, the dust shield at one end came a little bent. Not sure if I should return or if I am making a big deal out of this.

PXL_20210126_030937345.NIGHT.jpg

Last edited:
Yesterday - Got a new tire on the Accord... Passenger rear.

Bought tires October 24th from Costco and got a staple (thought it was a nail - but they told me otherwise). Sidewall got ****** up so they replaced under tire repair warranty. I had to pay $26 for the new tire/installation.

Well, I got off of work and my car just would not start. I have no idea if it is the battery, starter or alternator. Had to get it towed, no idea when I'm going to have it back up.
146902854_168923804745121_8064889225033098117_n.jpg

Three years I just called Autozone to check, but Ive had other issues as well so I’m not entirely sure if the alternator would be bad or if it’s the starter. Best way to test these without removing them?

alternator should be able to bring the charging system to around 14v at idle

depending on what other behavior you had when it tried to start could tell more, did the dash lights com on, engine crank, starter just went thud etc

Well, made a financial mistake, but now I own an absolute unicorn and its totally worth it. Say goodbye to the 14 Civic LX and say hello to my new-to-me 2015 Accord Coupe EX-L V6 6Speed! Shes an absolute joy to drive totally worth having to eat ramen for a couple months while my bank account recovers.

Attachments

• IMG_1457.jpeg
    IMG_1457.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1458.JPG
    IMG_1458.JPG
    403.1 KB · Views: 10
Back