Official 'What did you do to your car today?' Thread

For the Si. S204 lip getting primed.
7ff8aaa73f067d67bcebbe00caed9844.jpg

For the M3. Grill shroud getting primed.
1638925c12d69197f34dde146f00fe33.jpg

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Thanks buddy! It does look awesome! It takes the "plastidip look" out of the plastidip if that even makes sense haha
Thinking about re-doing them in white first and then applying the gold metalizer, looking for a lighter shade of gold.

Plasti-dip the "in between" space from spoke to spoke in a glossy black before redoing them. I think that would look really nice.

Fixed a broken clip on the engine cover for the Si. Received the new parts and was astonished how beefy it was compared to the original. Honda must've realized that what they had on there before were weak especially when idiots overtighten the bolts for the engine cover.

IMAG0509_zpscwxsw3nt.jpg

I need to do that too...I opened up the hood and was disgusted, lol
Last year I happened to need to leave my car at the dealership for something or other overnight, and knew my engine bay needed detailed so I asked them how much it cost. For all of $35 they did a pretty good job; I was surprised it cost so little. But I still do a better job myself, lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I need to do that too...I opened up the hood and was disgusted, lol
Yeah I opened mine yesterday and i couldn't do anything until it was presentable lol. Plus the weather here in Vegas has been great for the past week, so i want to get outside as much as i can before i have to wear a jacket.

I don't wanna even post pics. Spent so much time dealing with brakes. Got speed bleeders, told the wrong size for the front by SpeedBleeder themselves. I proceeded and stripped and ****** my front driver side caliper. Got my friend at a shop to fix the thread (To the wrong size M10x1.25), I got all of 3 twists of a helicoil in it and had to cut the rest of it off. Took one of the ones I ****** and was able to thread it. Was able to bleed the caliper fine and kept testing the brakes for a good 10-15 minutes and checking for leaking fluid to make sure I didn't dun **** up, had to tighten it down so much that next time I do brakes, I will need a new caliper. Either way. Did the driver side rear within 10 minutes once being paranoid all fucken day over it.

Either way, ordered the right size, doing the slave cylinder tomorrow, realigning my rear motor mount. Putting her back on all fours.

Shifted into 2nd at 64 mph instead of 4th today. Haven't done that since the third week of ownership back in early March 2012.

I don't wanna even post pics. Spent so much time dealing with brakes. Got speed bleeders, told the wrong size for the front by SpeedBleeder themselves. I proceeded and stripped and ****** my front driver side caliper. Got my friend at a shop to fix the thread (To the wrong size M10x1.25), I got all of 3 twists of a helicoil in it and had to cut the rest of it off. Took one of the ones I ****** and was able to thread it. Was able to bleed the caliper fine and kept testing the brakes for a good 10-15 minutes and checking for leaking fluid to make sure I didn't dun **** up, had to tighten it down so much that next time I do brakes, I will need a new caliper. Either way. Did the driver side rear within 10 minutes once being paranoid all fucken day over it.

Either way, ordered the right size, doing the slave cylinder tomorrow, realigning my rear motor mount. Putting her back on all fours.
I found it interesting that my mechanic notes that most cars will actively bleed themselves (brake system) given a little time and that you are doing the work on a level surface. When I installed my BBK last week I asked him about it (especially since there are now so many bleeders - 10 to be exact) and he told me he's never needed a speed bleeder; by the time he opens up the keys, goes around to the other side to do something else and comes back it's already bled itself most of the way via gravity, using a speed bleeder would just be a waste of time for him. It made me rethink spending the money on it.

Sounds like you had a rough time, sorry about that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Back