DIY Painted my engine cover

Nice! Washing the car as much as possible definitely saves the car...I had a 2006 Honda Civic DX with 130,000kms on it and I sold it in September 2011 for $8500....the person who bought it said they were looking for 3 months and it was "the best car they seen and that it was obvious that it was well taken care of"
that's good man :)

Anybody have pictures of the engine cover painted DBP? Would love to see it underhood...

I'm about to get mine done. I was on the fence between DBP and red. I figured since I already had the battery tie down red, I should keep going with the theme. Either way I think it's a nice touch for the engine compartment.

just photoshop a red one :)
Unfortunately, I like the program and skills required to do this. :D

I'm about to get mine done. I was on the fence between DBP and red. I figured since I already had the battery tie down red, I should keep going with the theme. Either way I think it's a nice touch for the engine compartment.
Excellent, can't wait to see the pictures!

Unfortunately, I like the program and skills required to do this. :D

Excellent, can't wait to see the pictures!

Since my car should be going to the body shop to get my dent fixed (if I ever get the approval from insurance), I'm going to see if they'll paint the cover at the same time. I probably won't put it on for a month or so or at least until it warms up a bit. I will post pics for sure once I get it done.

Since my car should be going to the body shop to get my dent fixed (if I ever get the approval from insurance), I'm going to see if they'll paint the cover at the same time. I probably won't put it on for a month or so or at least until it warms up a bit. I will post pics for sure once I get it done.
yeah truee!! They'll have the paint ! Tell em to give it a quick spray :)

Ouch, sorry for the dent, man. I was just discussing that situation with parking lot jerks with a coworker. Hopefully they'll get you approved and on your way!

Thank you! Webby, you're like a wizard.

I got the car back today. They did the engine cover at the same time. It turned out really well. Now I just have to wait for the weather to warm up so I can clean up the engine bay before I install it.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1363379770.955609.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1363379770.955609.jpg
    382.8 KB · Views: 32
omg idk where my pics went! imma put em back up! LOL!!

pics got mixed.. whateverrrrrr

D84JXAD.jpg

InUS2gs.jpg

zbdRrhU.jpg

lW6yAMB.jpg

b4zo4Cx.jpg

Finished Product:
d3k9BNm.jpg

bZ2hqdd.jpg

For example, of the nearly 750,000 Corvettes registered in the U.S., most reside in California, followed by Florida and Texas. Colder climates and poorer states tended to have the fewest. Reinforcing the Corvette’s image as a mid-life crisis car, the survey also showed that largest numbers of Corvette owners are between the ages of 49 and 63, have at least some college experience and make $105,000 to $250,000 annually. However, only 52% of respondents bought their Corvette new.

Read more: http://wot.motortrend.com/survey-says-corvette-owners-love-their-cars-3295.html#ixzz2ODiiVQYm

We are old! :thumb:

Last edited:
Me too....dirty engine bay. :confused: Would like to find some tips and suggestions how to do this properly and easily.
(-----------has never cleaned an engine bay.

Last edited:
Back