Pauly's "You're my boy Blue!"

Looks like fall is in full swing there! Great stuff

Well, got the sills installed today. Really nice mod to do for 95 bucks.
Also, finally ran my reverse camera wires up to the dash while putting the sills in. Just need to take apart the dash again (I think I've had that bottom piece off at least 15 times :giggle:) . And connect wires to Imid. Maybe tomorrow if I have time.

image.jpg

Last edited:
:clapping: Looks good @Pauly99to17 ! How do you like them? Do each of them turn on when the corresponding door is opened, or do they all turn on at once regardless which door is opened? I'm tempted...

:clapping: Looks good @Pauly99to17 ! How do you like them? Do each of them turn on when the corresponding door is opened, or do they all turn on at once regardless which door is opened? I'm tempted...
Love them! They all turn on as soon as any door is opened. They work exactly the same as the dome lights (spliced into those wires), so they go on and then fade off when then dome light goes on and fades off, but we never get to see that because the doors are closed when they fade off.

Love them! They all turn on as soon as any door is opened. They work exactly the same as the dome lights (spliced into those wires), so they go on and then fade off when then dome light goes on and fades off, but we never get to see that because the doors are closed when they fade off.

Good deal. I'm waiting to see if a friend is going to source in some of the genuine illuminated door sills before I make a decision on the eBay ones. Did you smooth the edges on yours?

Good deal. I'm waiting to see if a friend is going to source in some of the genuine illuminated door sills before I make a decision on the eBay ones. Did you smooth the edges on yours?
Nope. The edge that was a tiny bit rough goes under the rubber weather stripping so its not even seen. Maybe that's why that edge was left a little rough.

Those 4 illuminated sill OEM ones are super tough to find. I wasn't able.

One thing to think about is that these door sills will get scratched up over time no matter how careful we are. So, I figure I can buy two sets of these and replace them in a few years and still have spent less than what the OEM ones cost.

Last edited:
Those 4 illuminated sills OEM ones are super tough to find. I wasn't able.

One think to think about is that these door sills will get scratched up over time no matter how careful we are. So, I figure I can buy two sets of these and replace them in a few years and still have spent less than the OEM ones cost.

Yeah I have only ever seen one set for sale and it was sold within a matter minutes lol. But if you know the right people to get them sourced it's not hard, just a long waiting period.

Back