Pauly's "You're my boy Blue!"

My LX Windows controls dont have lights nor Auto window so I'm switching them for Si ones. :)
Thanks to @AlienPrime for hooking me up with these.

I wanted to switch out the orange windows lock light, but I don't have the skills to mess around with the circuit board to unsolder the orange diode and switch it. I ended up just putting a small piece of blue vinyl over both lights which I know will make little difference.

There are 2 light diodes.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
The diode is a 3mm led try using a flat soldering tip right St The back it should lift right out just note which end is positive and negative for when soldering the new led in film should be okay though

electronics_led_diagram.png

Ah nuts. Disappointing evening. I finally got around to installing the window controls. Bad news. The lights didn't work, nor did the "Auto" window. All the other window controls worked fine. The windows "Lock" (along with Orange light) worked. The side view mirrors also worked. The Auto window would only budge the window up or down about an inch at a time. It seems the LX does not have all the necessary wiring to have the lights and Auto work. :(

P1040606.JPG P1040607.JPG P1040610.JPG

I did change my license plate frame. Not a huge difference, but it's all in the little details right? :)
Maybe these pics should be in the dirty car thread. :giggle:

BEFORE

P1040611.JPG

AFTER

P1040613.JPG

Covered the Ontario (Yours to discover) too :D
476274_10200464492927949_2028775669_o.jpg

And it looks great! So sad about the power window auto function not working! @ADExternal and I will have to brainstorm about this... :/ Momentary relay missing i would guess :/

Last edited:
Covered the Ontario (Yours to discover) too :D
476274_10200464492927949_2028775669_o.jpg

And it looks great! So sad about the power window auto function not working! @ADExternal and I will have to brainstorm about this... :/ Momentary relay missing i would guess :/

Ya, I'm in the brainstorming mode too. I might just try to wire a seperate blue LED into the controls.

New project. Working on adding blue LEDs to all my door control switches. LX came with no lights. :(

Just playing around and seeing which light looks best. So far.......

image.jpg image.jpg

You guys are stir crazy. Cabin fever I say, putting LEDs into everything! Hahahah, too bad about the switch not working.

I didn't realize the je me souviens was a political statement. I thought it was just to attract tourists by saying how they would remember or find themselves in quebec.

I always thought je me souviens (translates to I remember) was to remember the soldiers lost in the wars. Interesting. I'll have to research.

Nice lights by the way.

I always thought je me souviens (translates to I remember) was to remember the soldiers lost in the wars. Interesting. I'll have to research.

Nice lights by the way.
Well, I don't know. I guess it's all how you perceive it. I always thought it meant I remember my history: I.E. how the French were defeated by the English etc.

Hey Pauly, how's your car doing lowered in the winter? It's really tough for me to decide whether or not to get springs due to ground clearance issues during the winter.

Hey Pauly, how's your car doing lowered in the winter? It's really tough for me to decide whether or not to get springs due to ground clearance issues during the winter.
doesnt make that huge of a difference. Idk how alberta is, but here, way up northern ontario, even with my Subaru forester last year in the winter, it still wasnt high enough. All cars scrape on the ground :/

You should be fine in Alberta. You don't get all that much snow compared to Quebec. We usually get twice as much as you guys. I had difficulty one morning. It was the first snow fall of the season and it was a major dump. The snow clearing crews were caught off guard leaving all the snow on the roads. I had to drive in deep ruts of snow and it was scraping underneath the car. The snow got under the tray that protects the underneath of the car and bent that tray out. I was scraping everywhere after that. I had to go to a garage to get the ice block out that had formed and they pushed the tray back in place. I had tried to wash the ice block out, but no luck. That was the only incident I had. The rest of the winter was fine. Occasional scrapes on large blocks of snow or ice that were on the road.

Back