Pet peeves. Let's hear them.

I get a chill when I hear other people brushing their teeth haha. So my girlfriend will brush her teeth while I'm in the shower on purpose to drive me crazy!! Haha. Ik it's weird but I can't stand it, and when huge trucks try to race me, like a dodge 2500 cummins, lol

I get a chill when I hear other people brushing their teeth haha. So my girlfriend will brush her teeth while I'm in the shower on purpose to drive me crazy!! Haha. Ik it's weird but I can't stand it, and when huge trucks try to race me, like a dodge 2500 cummins, lol
I also hate seeing/hearing people brush their teeth! Ugh

Of course I have a mirror in the bathroom, and the brushing noise feels like nails on a chalk board to me. Doesn't bother me as much when I do it, but someone else drives me insane haha.

Yeah, I don't like hearing someone else brush their teeth either LOL

I think it all stems from hearing a family member who would brush their teeth until they gagged.

When your keeping a car length of space between you and the person in front of you and someone comes up past you and takes that space when there's nobody behind you.

People do stupid stuff like that all the time around here. It gets pretty hard to resist the temptation to just not hit the brakes and shove my company van up their backside knowing my company would just give me another one lol

Or when people put a lift kit and big tires on their trucks, and don't adjust their headlights...

I hate that TV has been in existence around 65 years, and they have yet to synchronize the sound/volume of programs and commercials.

This is purposely done when the commercial is made. Internet advertisers are starting to do it too.

The reason we get “blasted” at commercial time is determined by how the audio levels are recorded when creating their ads. Affectively, the process is called dynamic range compression, or “compression” for short. Compression is applied to reduce sounds that get recorded over certain levels while the quieter sounds do not get reduced. In the process, the advertisers take liberal advantage of the mid range tones to exploit our senses, since those aren’t affected as much.

To sum it up, compression is used to increase the average level of sound, effectively making it louder.

This is purposely done when the commercial is made. Internet advertisers are starting to do it too.

The reason we get “blasted” at commercial time is determined by how the audio levels are recorded when creating their ads. Affectively, the process is called dynamic range compression, or “compression” for short. Compression is applied to reduce sounds that get recorded over certain levels while the quieter sounds do not get reduced. In the process, the advertisers take liberal advantage of the mid range tones to exploit our senses, since those aren’t affected as much.

To sum it up, compression is used to increase the average level of sound, effectively making it louder.
Yeh, I've always figured they did it on purpose...... The best thing now is the freeze play..... I record about 20 min. prior to watching a program, so I can skip though the loud commercials. I figure if I have to pick the remote control up to lower the volume, I might as well skip the commercials altogether.

One of my biggest pet peeves has got to be people who drive in the passing lane with nobody in front of them or beside them.
I think some people think that the passing lane will get you there faster because lots of people call it "the fast lane"
So stupid. :vtec:
Had a T-shirt that said, "If only the passing lane had a passing lane".

When I get called a "racial slur" But I can't say it back. How many times a week do I get called "*****" and I just have to act like:

Why yeees, yes thats my name, they call me "*****."

You know, just for fun......

Back