Picked up a '13 CBP Si Sedan

Phaheem

Southern CA
Vehicle Model
'13 Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
Hi everyone. Just bought my 4th Honda Civic this weekend, my 2nd Si. My very first car, when I was 17, was a '91 Civic Si Hatchback, also black. This weekend, bought a '13 Si Sedan with Navi, and keeping with tradition, it's crystal black pearl.

Been searching the past couple days for a mature Civic community and after lurking a bit, I think I've finally found one here, so I registered.

I'm 31 years old and married, so I'm passed the intake/exhaust/lowering scene. I just enjoy the feel and thrill of driving my Si everyday. Can't wait to break it in so I can finally enjoy all 2.4 liters the way it was meant to be.

Looking forward to learning and contributing to this community! I've posted a couple pics I took at delivery.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the instant compliments!

So I'm curious about the Navi and iMID systems - for example, has anyone been able to successfully hack them yet? Such as getting either screen to play DVDs; or are there any updates for the Navi yet? I did a google search yesterday and found some stuff, but most were pretty labor intensive.

Also, I dug through the owner's manual last night to see what Honda recommends as the proper break-in time for this car, but couldn't find anything. Do you guys suggest any?

Nice car and welcome to the forum! You're definitely not too old for a few tasteful mods here and there!
That's true. Most recently I had a '96 Civic that I modified extensively. I just don't have the time for it anymore (nor patience!) lol.

Here's a link to my build thread on Honda-tech. I did everything from swapping in GSR seats to xenon retrofits:

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=3098075

past it huh ???lolololol im married 34 years old got a 7 year old girl and one in the oven and when i got my 12 coupe i said the very same thing then this happened lol..

Welcome to 9thcivic.com! Congrats on your new pick up, hope you enjoy your car while you can. Once the mod bug bites you'll get hooked! :fistpump:

past it huh ???lolololol im married 34 years old got a 7 year old girl and one in the oven and when i got my 12 coupe i said the very same thing then this happened lol..

Lol wow I get what you're saying. But I just don't have the time nor the patience. I've just realized that any modification is never as good and solid as the way the car comes from the factory.

Thing is, the research and development departments of these tuner companies are not even remotely as experienced nor funded as well as the R&D at Honda

Back