Picked up a '13 CBP Si Sedan

Hey Phaheem

I totally get what you are saying about the Honda engineers doing their jobs quite well. But....There are definitely some improvements you can make to both the braking system and the suspension that will not be too different from stock. A couple small upgrades can make the car feel how it should have come from the factory without upsetting all the hard work they did in the first place.

I like to think of it as OEM+

Nothing too over the top but just slight tweaks for the more "enthusiast" drivers.

A larger rear sway bar can help the car corner much flatter and reduce the huge amount of understeer the car comes with from the factory. Also the HFP suspension is a great way to get a more "sporty" ride without altering the car too much.

Welcome - I am a new 2013 SI owner myself. I am trying to stay more liberal with modding since I already went that phase with an RSX-S, but uhhh I can tell I am already going to be doing some mods. With a mortage and a wife I will have to be more tactical with my modding of course. Once again welcome.

Thanks! I'll check that out

Welcome - I am a new 2013 SI owner myself. I am trying to stay more liberal with modding since I already went that phase with an RSX-S, but uhhh I can tell I am already going to be doing some mods. With a mortage and a wife I will have to be more tactical with my modding of course. Once again welcome.
Thanks. And yeah, the mod bug is irresistible. I'm already scouring the web for a set of OEM projector headlights, and impatiently waiting for the Civic hybrid LED tail lights to work on our cars.

Thanks! I'll check that out

Thanks. And yeah, the mod bug is irresistible. I'm already scouring the web for a set of OEM projector headlights, and impatiently waiting for the Civic hybrid LED tail lights to work on our cars.

The thing that is buggin me is the stock ride height. I am tempted to buy lowering springs, but I rather wait and do HFP suspension. I have already went through the coilover deal with my RSX hence my more liberal approach with the SI. Still modding, but with more thought =)

The thing that is buggin me is the stock ride height. I am tempted to buy lowering springs, but I rather wait and do HFP suspension. I have already went through the coilover deal with my RSX hence my more liberal approach with the SI. Still modding, but with more thought =)
Haha it's funny how now, we plan out mods and put more thought and consideration into it. Whereas before, we would impulsively just do it.

I would also opt for the HFP route (keeping with the OEM+ scheme) if I did anything to the suspension. But the ride height doesn't bother me because this is my daily driver, and I still need it to look presentable/mature around colleagues and bosses. (I'm in my 3rd year of law school and job interviews are just around the corner.)

Haha it's funny how now, we plan out mods and put more thought and consideration into it. Whereas before, we would impulsively just do it.

I would also opt for the HFP route (keeping with the OEM+ scheme) if I did anything to the suspension. But the ride height doesn't bother me because this is my daily driver, and I still need it to look presentable/mature around colleagues and bosses. (I'm in my 3rd year of law school and job interviews are just around the corner.)

Law school nice! So I am guessing an exhaust is not in your future? I am in IT, and pretty much the entire building where I work pretty much wouldn't anything past me at this point. ( in a good way )

Law school nice! So I am guessing an exhaust is not in your future? I am in IT, and pretty much the entire building where I work pretty much wouldn't anything past me at this point. ( in a good way )
Lol that's a good thing!

im at work now but as soon as i get out ill take a pic on how the weathertechs look and fit ok ...the sides sit higher so nothing gets to the actual carpet of the car and it looks like its the actual car once their on some people ask why dont i put carpets in not knowing the weathertechs are in thats how well they blend into the car .

The WeatherTechs are deeper(higher walls), which does a way better job of keeping crap on the mat, and not under it, and also around the pedal area.

im at work now but as soon as i get out ill take a pic on how the weathertechs look and fit ok ...the sides sit higher so nothing gets to the actual carpet of the car and it looks like its the actual car once their on some people ask why dont i put carpets in not knowing the weathertechs are in thats how well they blend into the car .
Thanks man! I look fwd to seeing the pics

The WeatherTechs are deeper(higher walls), which does a way better job of keeping crap on the mat, and not under it, and also around the pedal area.
Right. That's why the weathertech mats were so appealing to me. When you get a new car, you want to so everything you can to keep it looking new.

I ordered a set of the floorliners last night. Can't wait until they're delivered.

Also picked up the OEM trunk liner, that should be here in Wednesday. I'll post pics once it's in

sorry for the wait man im not gonna lie i completely forgot lol but here you go ... the only way you know weathertechs are in is by the logo thats it !

sorry for the wait man im not gonna lie i completely forgot lol but here you go ... the only way you know weathertechs are in is by the logo thats it !
Nice! Yeah the weathertech mats look so legit! Mine will be delivered this Saturday and I'll post pics.
My OEM trunk liner will be delivered today :woot:

OEM trunk liner came in today! Pretty robust item, definitely worth the $70 investment to keep the trunk carpeting clean.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374695374.754625.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374695383.901722.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374695392.351583.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374695407.918669.jpg

Weathertech floor liners will be here on Saturday :)

How's it going everyone. I too picked up a CBP 13 SI Sedan last weekend. I will have pictures this weekend after I detail it. Short and sweet, I got a pretty good deal on it...factory mudflaps, tint, all weather floormats, trunk mat....no navi...which I actually preferred. This is my first SI, and I have just been taking it easy for awhile. I'm sure down the road I'll find the time to open up the 2.4L, but for now, just enjoying the new ride :)

How's it going everyone. I too picked up a CBP 13 SI Sedan last weekend. I will have pictures this weekend after I detail it. Short and sweet, I got a pretty good deal on it...factory mudflaps, tint, all weather floormats, trunk mat....no navi...which I actually preferred. This is my first SI, and I have just been taking it easy for awhile. I'm sure down the road I'll find the time to open up the 2.4L, but for now, just enjoying the new ride :)

Hey. Welcome to the site. Don't be hesitant to create an introduction thread. :wavey:

Welcome! This site is really great for 9th gen Civic owners. Make an intro thread and let's see pics!

Thanks for the welcome everyone, looking forward to becoming an active member here. I have created an intro thread as well, thanks for the advice. I will have pics tomorrow evening for sure, sorry for not having them available at the time of the post...I could snap a pic of it dirty outside right now, but I prefer to post a clean car :)

Reactions: Nix
Weathertech floor liners finally delivered today! They're great quality, solid plastic/rubber that seems very robust and sturdy. Thinking about laying these as the first layer, then my carpeted-floor mats on top. What do you guys think?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374977597.737569.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374977607.670967.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374977616.653922.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374977624.653887.jpg

Pics with them installed coming soon

Back