Votes: 9 5.1%
  • Landline

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • No Phone

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Windows Phone

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
Anyone have an issue with sending SMS (MMS works fine and person can send me SMS/MMS) to one contact?

Error Message: Not sent. Tap to try again

I've deleted the contact and re-added them. Phone number is correct. Restarted phone. No updates pending. Tried the number and then with a 1 in front of it.

Me: Android. Stock Messaging App.
Them: iPhone. Stock messaging app.

I've searched but nothing I've found useful.

• Check if you have blocked the receiver: Open the Messages app, go to Spam and blocked > More > Blocked contacts, and then remove the blocked contact from the list.
  • Update your Messages app to the latest version: Update the Messages app from Google Play.
  • Clear cache of the Messages app: Tap and hold the Messages app and click on the ‘I’ icon. Go to Store & cache and tap on ‘Clear cache’ to delete the cache.
  • Clear cache of the Messages app: Tap and hold the Messages app and click on the ‘I’ icon. Go to Store & cache and tap on ‘Clear cache’ to delete the cache.
  • Turn Airplane mode ON and then OFF: Swipe down on your home screen, tap on the Airplane (Flight mode) icon from Quick Settings and turn it OFF after a few seconds.

• another pixel owner claimed :
    FIX: clear storage for 'Messages' app on your Pixel:
    • go to Settings (gear icon)
    • Select Storage
    • Select Other Apps
    • Select Messages
    • Press the 'Clear storage' button
    • Close settings, launch Messages app
    • Messages app asks something about "sending text messages on your computer" hit cancel/skip/whatever
    • Send a text message to the number that was having the problem
    • ...no error and message is received!
    I'm guessing that either (1) Running the latest Messages with older-version app data screws up SMS sends, or (2) Running older versions of Messages screws up SMS sends because of some protocol mismatch as a result of this new 'Messages for Web' feature.

Either way, it's f'ing pathetic that Google isn't aware of this, and/or makes no effort to prevent Pixel owners from getting this infuriating bug. It's been out there for at least four months!

• Check if you have blocked the receiver: Open the Messages app, go to Spam and blocked > More > Blocked contacts, and then remove the blocked contact from the list.
  • Update your Messages app to the latest version: Update the Messages app from Google Play.
  • Turn Airplane mode ON and then OFF: Swipe down on your home screen, tap on the Airplane (Flight mode) icon from Quick Settings and turn it OFF after a few seconds.

• another pixel owner claimed :
    FIX: clear storage for 'Messages' app on your Pixel:
    • go to Settings (gear icon)
    • Select Storage
    • Select Other Apps
    • Select Messages
    • Press the 'Clear storage' button
    • Close settings, launch Messages app
    • Messages app asks something about "sending text messages on your computer" hit cancel/skip/whatever
    • Send a text message to the number that was having the problem
    • ...no error and message is received!
    I'm guessing that either (1) Running the latest Messages with older-version app data screws up SMS sends, or (2) Running older versions of Messages screws up SMS sends because of some protocol mismatch as a result of this new 'Messages for Web' feature.

Either way, it's f'ing pathetic that Google isn't aware of this, and/or makes no effort to prevent Pixel owners from getting this infuriating bug. It's been out there for at least four months!

Thanks.

I didn't mention I tried/checked:

* Check if you have blocked the receiver: Open the Messages app, go to Spam and blocked > More > Blocked contacts, and then remove the blocked contact from the list.

* Update your Messages app to the latest version: Update the Messages app from Google Play.

* Clear cache of the Messages app: Tap and hold the Messages app and click on the ‘I’ icon. Go to Store & cache and tap on ‘Clear cache’ to delete the cache.

* Turn Airplane mode ON and then OFF: Swipe down on your home screen, tap on the Airplane (Flight mode) icon from Quick Settings and turn it OFF after a few seconds.

I didn't do clear storage on Messages app because I didn't want to lose my messages.

It just sucks it only 1 person (granted I don't text a lot). I had the person make sure I wasn't blocked on their end or they had a setting turned on their iPhone preventing me from sending to them but nope.

Both on same carrier (Verizon).

@webby just found this as a "troubleshooting step" :rotfl:

Disable iMessage
If the recipient or sender has used or is currently using an iPhone, it can cause problems for Android users since the iPhone utilizes the iMessage network. Have the iPhone user disable iMessage by going to “Settings” > “Messages” and setting “iMessage” to “Off“.

In some cases, the iPhone user will need to perform these steps:

1. Power off your smartphone.
  2. Power the iPhone off and insert the SIM card you used with the device before.
  3. Power on the iPhone.
  4. Ensure you are connected to a Wi-Fi network.
  5. Open “Settings” > “Messages“.
  6. Slide “iMessage” to “Off“.
  7. Leave the iPhone powered on for about an hour. iMessage should eventually deactivate.
  8. Power on your device.
If you cannot perform this process, or you are still experiencing this problem, try the following steps to deactivate iMessage online:

I was gonna say to have them check to see if they'd turned on imessage for you. I'd seen something similar some years ago.

@webby just found this as a "troubleshooting step" :rotfl:

Disable iMessage
If the recipient or sender has used or is currently using an iPhone, it can cause problems for Android users since the iPhone utilizes the iMessage network. Have the iPhone user disable iMessage by going to “Settings” > “Messages” and setting “iMessage” to “Off“.

In some cases, the iPhone user will need to perform these steps:

1. Power off your smartphone.
  2. Power the iPhone off and insert the SIM card you used with the device before.
  3. Power on the iPhone.
  4. Ensure you are connected to a Wi-Fi network.
  5. Open “Settings” > “Messages“.
  6. Slide “iMessage” to “Off“.
  7. Leave the iPhone powered on for about an hour. iMessage should eventually deactivate.
  8. Power on your device.
If you cannot perform this process, or you are still experiencing this problem, try the following steps to deactivate iMessage online:

according to this, your settings for notifications are all that will be reset.

2876FC5C-3B31-4C31-A4FE-37E0B6C57402.jpeg

I asked him if he enabled iMessage for me.
it's not something you can enable/disable for a person. The phone automatically sends as imessage if the person has an iphone and you have imessage "on". If imessage is "off", it doesn't use imessage for anyone even if they have an iphone. So he cannot enable/disable anything for your specific messages.

it's not something you can enable/disable for a person. The phone automatically sends as imessage if the person has an iphone and you have imessage "on". If imessage is "off", it doesn't use imessage for anyone even if they have an iphone. So he cannot enable/disable anything for your specific messages.

:(

Ah right. It's a global setting.

@stilletto - How you liking the switch from Apple to Android? :giggle: I'm sure you will switch back.
You aren't brand loyal.

I mean, it's an outdated poll :D

• Blackberry​

Votes: 42.3%
  • Feature Phone​

Votes: 21.2%
  • Dumb Phone​

Votes: 95.2%
  • Landline​

Votes: 31.7%
  • No Phone​

Votes: 21.2%
  • Windows Phone​

Votes: 10.6%
Yeah Blackberry, Landline, Windows phone should be deleted lol
What does "feature phone" even mean? lol
And no phone... wonder how many people have no phone now.

Back