Post up your fish tanks/aquariums!

Alright fish people i need some advice..
I finally am moving into my own place, and i'm leaving my 10 gallon that I've had for a few years at home with my brothers. So now I'm looking to get another aquarium.
My original plan was to get a 55 gallon with just an oscar so I could watch him eat things, because that's pretty cool. But due to size, weight, money, the fact that I'm renting, etc.. I am thinking about going with a 20 gallon for now, but a 30 gallon might be feasible if I have to... but thats the biggest I really should go

Since I cant keep any bigger fish, what would you recommend as far as small/medium sized fish go. I'm thinking guppies/mollies or something. I dont really plan on mixing species and trying to make a community tank aside from an algae eater or bug shrimp to clean. Any of those little sharks that you think would work? I like more unique fish but most of those need big tanks, and I dont want to be mean and put one in a small tank just because I want to.

Ive been looking at some fish forums and stuff but I like civic people better so id rather ask you guys!

I have a 29gal that I've got a few rams (german blue, electric blue, gold, bolivian), a few siamese algae eats, and an albino longfin bristlenose pleco. It has a ton of plants in it, and last night I installed a Fluval 206 canister in it. Soon it's going to get a full makeover. Either in the next couple weeks, or after we move.

We're still working on it. A lot of thoughts/plans/ideas going around. It may not happen until the end of October.
Our last move was the end of July last year.

Alright fish people i need some advice..
I finally am moving into my own place, and i'm leaving my 10 gallon that I've had for a few years at home with my brothers. So now I'm looking to get another aquarium.
My original plan was to get a 55 gallon with just an oscar so I could watch him eat things, because that's pretty cool. But due to size, weight, money, the fact that I'm renting, etc.. I am thinking about going with a 20 gallon for now, but a 30 gallon might be feasible if I have to... but thats the biggest I really should go

Since I cant keep any bigger fish, what would you recommend as far as small/medium sized fish go. I'm thinking guppies/mollies or something. I dont really plan on mixing species and trying to make a community tank aside from an algae eater or bug shrimp to clean. Any of those little sharks that you think would work? I like more unique fish but most of those need big tanks, and I dont want to be mean and put one in a small tank just because I want to.

Ive been looking at some fish forums and stuff but I like civic people better so id rather ask you guys!
If it is a planted tank I would do a small group of flame tetras. I have some in my tank and the colors are amazing with the natural plants and driftwood.

y7usasu5.jpg

Don't do guppies and mollies. You'll get 5 of each and end up with 40 of each in a few months.

Rams are cichlids. I have a German blue in my tank and it is absolutely gorgeous. Pics don't do it justice uploadfromtaptalk1406043732444.jpg

I remember seeing those now, they look really cool. I like that German one alot. Hmmm.. Ill definitly look into them. You fit 6 in a 29 gallon right?

I think my tank is pretty overstocked in the 29. I'm really pushing it. I think you're only supposed to have about 3. The German Blue I had was actually extremely aggressive, until one day the Gold killed him. :( I got another though lol

I have 1 german blue ram, 2 bolivian rams, 1 gold ram, 1 electric blue ram, 3 siamese algae eaters, and 1 albino longfin bristlenose pleco in the 29. I'm pushing the limits. I have a lot of plants and rocks for them to hide in though.

The 29gal ram tank is a mess at the moment. It'll get a makeover around October.

10403122_10152218620196472_8091002046145668663_n.jpg

Back