Post Your Latest Purchases

I just got it yesterday and might be able to get to the install next weekend. Seems straight forward enough but I'll do the DIY for the 9th community. There's a good one on 8th. Just 2 questions @Nix.
1. I've got a 1,000 mile round trip coming up, Long Island to Buffalo weekend after next. Would there be a reason not to install this right before that?
2. What torque mount did you use?

Reactions: Nix
I wouldn't install it right before a long trip just in case you get a leak. If everything is working, id leave it alone until you have time to drive around at home with it on to make sure there are no issues.

I had a set of 8th gen R18 Boomba mounts lying around I had gotten a great deal on. I had put them both on before but the noise and vibrations were too much for me. I did find out that the lower 8th gen R18 mount is the same as the 9thgen SI mount. I sent the lower mount off to someone on here and just installed the upper one. The vibrations into the cabin are still bad but it's been 300 miles and its starting to settle down. I still can't see anything clearly in the rear view from the vibrations but the shifts are way better. It also holds a gear a lot longer, doesn't hunt gears as much in traffic, and it definitely feels like it has more power. Which I did not expect at all.

Looking at the 9th R18 engine I do not see an upper torque rod in the pictures. I have not see anyone make mounts for the 2012 non-si yet either. I bet they sold so few for the previous model that they didn't bother making new ones. You could always buy a new OEM lower mount and inject it with window weld and basically have a solid mount for $40 instead of $150.

That's my thought too. I drive 500 miles a week anyways, so any problems should arise then but I don't want to risk it if I don't have too.

I'm surprised the mount would make such a difference. That's something I'll have to look into. After tuning with Vit and Ktuner the engine hangs high into the range and you can feel it rattle the mounts. I don't really want it too stiff its unbearable in the commuting traffic so just the upper sounds like a good compromise.

There is no upper on your car. Unfortunately.

Buy a replacement lower mount and inject it with something called 3M window weld.

I think the upper that I have on mine is what really transmits the vibrations. The lower should be far enough away that you don't feel it as much inside as feeling the benefit.

32e19d87ac13a68b547de3a3658bac8c.jpg

Bought a giant tank!

I'm putting the Johnny Tran sticker on my Asus laptop that I use for flashpro.
Capture.PNG

Back