Rasky's work! :)

Yup. I see him using the steamer and wiping with the towel but he's got his ring on the hand with the towel. Very easy to make a swipe/pass and have the towel fold funny and then BAM! Ring on paint.

Although I guess I should comment more on what a nice job he did. It really looks great at the end.

Last edited:
2012 911 Turbo S

This vehicle was actually a referral from another detailer just over an hour north of me (ZimRandy). The clients were very happy with the service they were getting from him but they really wanted a closer option and I just happen to be a hop, skip, and a jump away. Thanks for the referral Randy!

This car was recently purchased with just over 2k on the clock and the owner was looking to get it dialed in and protected. When the owner had contacted me my main concern was whether or not I’d even be able to get the car into my shop. I have a fairly steep entrance to my driveway and the nose bottoming out was a concern (also one of the reasons I’ve never went after doing exotics). The owner agreed to stop by a couple months prior to their appointment to evaluate the car and to see if it would make it in. Coming in at an angle she cleared, barely, but going back out was tricky and it had to be backed down or the front nose would hit. In talking with the owner it was clear that he and his wife took great care of their cars and enjoying washing them regularly, but their time was somewhat limited and they sounded like good candidates for a coating. After sharing info and my experiences with the coatings I offer, we agreed Opti-Coat Pro would be the best. This car is going to be his main driver in the summer so it will see it share of bugs, bird bombs, sap, rain, and all the other elements the world can throw at it.

The condition over all was very good with only light swirling noticeable at the time and we decided on a 1-step correction.

Process:

Wash - Megs Hyper Wash, 2BM, lambs wool mit
Tires - OPC and Tuf-Shine brush, Hyper Dressing 3:1
Wheels – P21S Gel with various brushes and separate wash mit
Surface prep – Mild clay and Megs Final Inspection as lube
Decon - IronX and Tarminator
Paint correction - HD Polish on the Rupes 15 and G110v with yellow Rupes pads. Rear bumper cover and RIDS were first corrected with FG400 and Megs MFFP, tight areas/air ducts/vents corrected with Flex rotary and 3” pads.
Coating Prep – Re-washed, followed by thorough IPA wipe down
Coating - Applied with CarPro micro suede and foam block applicator
Interior – Vacuumed, cleaned rubber mats, Leather Masters Strong Cleaner and Protection cream on leather, 1Z Cockpit Premium on dash vinyl

Before pics

Light tar on the lowers

Tips

Lots of tiny tar specs on the wheel faces and barrels. My normal process would be to remove the wheels to clean and coat them, but these unique center locking wheels were not something I wanted to mess with, nor was I equipped to handle them. Luckily the design was open enough that I could reach in from the front and then I could also reach in from the back when the car was lifted in the air. I want to say thanks to Robert Willis for taking the time to answer my questions on these wheels, which I had not yet had the pleasure of working with.

Once I had the car washed and inside a few issue became apparent…one was etched in water spots on the rear bumper and then a few RIDS I had not seen when I first looked at the car.

RIDS

The rest of the car only had mild swirls

50/50

Finished pics!

Fenix LED

Brinkmann

Very nice! So going to go after more exotics now? Maybe hire a paving company to come put in a nice gentle slope just for super low cars?

Also thanks for always listing your process/methods/products. I end up tweaking my setup based on reading your current methods. I've started using the tuf shine brush for cleaning the tires and it really works great!

Last edited:
Very nice! So going to go after more exotics now? Maybe hire a paving company to come put in a nice gentle slope just for super low cars?

Also thanks for always listing your process/methods/products. I end up tweaking my setup based on reading your current methods. I've started using the tuf shine brush for cleaning the tires and it really works great!

Thanks! Good to hear about the brush too! :)

It's a shared driveway to the alley, which is gravel past my garage, so I doubt it...I won't turn away an exotic if I'm contacted and I can get it in, but I'm more than happy doing they type of cars I do now. Paint is paint and while I enjoy working on the nicer cars more, they can also be more time consuming.

I prefer classic muscle to exotic btw. ;)

Newer S4 in for light paint correction and Opti-Coat Pro coating. Applied to all painted surfaces and wheels.

Before pics:

Light marring

A few panels had evidence of pre-delivery polishing

Dealer applied wax in PPF edges

Pillars were trashed as usual…

Looking better

Owner had forgotten to bring the wheel lock key so wheels were cleaned and coated on the car.

After pics

Nothing like a PPF edge to wreck your shot….

PPF looking awesome!!! NOT!

Thanks for looking,
Rasky

Client recently purchased this car and wanted to get the paint looking as good as we could within his budget. He had started doing the headlight correction himself but was having a little trouble getting out the sanding marks so he had me take care of those as well, which I then coated with Optimum’s Opti-Lens Pro. There were also a few areas that needed additional attention, one being the nasty etched in water spots on the roof, and the other was the paint shrink on a few of the repainted panels.

Pics as it arrived.

Headlights were actually really bad prior to the owner working on them but you can see the oxidation is gone and the sanding just needed to be refined and polished out.

Black Diamond Edition = Cool paint. :)

Nasty etched in spots, this was after a decon and going over with CG Water Spot Remover

I took a 100x pic that showed the remaining etching after some wet sanding

Nasty paint shrink on the drivers side quarter panel

Deck lid was the same way. Nasty texture from paint shrink

Lightly sanded panel to remove paint shrink 1500/3000

50/50 of the roof after 1500/3000 and M100. I’d say 90-95% of the water spots were removed.

Paint condition on the rest of the car

50/50

Wow, the paint on that Lexus after the detail looks better than the S4's. :giggle:

Wow i just went thru all the pages and my personal favorite detail work is the Prelude you worked on. It was such in mint condition and you made it even better! If only you lived near me buddy i would have given you a call!

Wow! That Porsche looks amazing afterwards, and I am not a Porsche fan.

I loved that car! :)

Wow i just went thru all the pages and my personal favorite detail work is the Prelude you worked on. It was such in mint condition and you made it even better! If only you lived near me buddy i would have given you a call!

Thank you! I told her if she ever wanted to sell it that she better give me first dibs! ;)

Back