Rasky's work! :)

Wow he is pretty impressive,I would pay 3-4 hundred to get that kind of results.im going to check him out,thanks!

2013 Audi A4, 2-step correction and CQuartz Finest protection

My client picked up this brand new brilliant black A4 just a day prior to his appointment, so no pre-inspection was possible. Being brand new the car was originally scheduled for a 1-step correction, but after seeing it in person it was clear that it would need more. Most of the wash induced marring was removable with a 1-step correction, but there were so many remaining deeper scratches all over the finish that I had to go over the whole car with a more aggressive step first...and I still had to spot hit a few RIDS after that. Overall I got about 98% correction with just a few faint RIDS remaining. Did I mention how much I love Audi brilliant black paint? :D

Process:

Wash - ONR, MF towels for wash media, boars hair brush for cracks, crevices, emblems with OPC
Wheels - Sonax Full Effect, various brushes and wash mitt
Tires - OPC, Tuf Shine tire brush, dressed with Megs Hyper Dressing 4:1
Decon - IronX, Speedy Prep Towel with Glide for lube
Paint correction - M205/Megs MF Finishing discs for cutting (some prototype pads and compound for a few areas), finishing was done with Sonax PF with Rupes yellow pads. All correction was done with the Rupes LHR21 and G110v2
Coating Prep - Eraser wipe-down 2x with Great White MF towels (6 towels)
Coating - CQuartz Finest on paint and lights, FlyBy30 on glass, CQuartz Fabric and Leather Protectant and carpet and matts, Opti-Coat Pro on wheels (face and barrels)

Before pics

20130405-DSC_0466.jpg

20130405-DSC_0467.jpg

20130405-DSC_0468.jpg

20130405-DSC_0475.jpg

20130405-DSC_0477.jpg

50/50
20130405-DSC_0478.jpg

20130405-DSC_0479.jpg

Wheels cleaned and coated
20130406-DSC_0480.jpg

IR lamp curing the Finest coating as I worked on the wheels and other detailed items
20130406-DSC_0482.jpg

Reactions: Nix
Video was amazing man. I cannot believe a brand new car could be trashed that bad... it looks amazing now.

Video was amazing man. I cannot believe a brand new car could be trashed that bad... it looks amazing now.

Thanks Webby! I took this car on last minute against my better judgement. I was supposed to be finishing up that '77 Trans Am but the mechanical called the day before and said it wasn't done yet. Knowing I had tickets to Bon Jovi on Sunday and my past experiences with Audi brilliant black, it made me very uneasy to take it on. I figured it was brand new though...so it couldn't be that bad, right? Boy was I wrong! 3hrs on Friday night, 17hrs on Saturday, and 3 more on Sunday! :pout:

To quote a detailing buddy who owned a brilliant black S5, "Brill black Audi has identity issues. It wants to be hard but then it wants to be soft and then it just wants to fight you. And then at the end it looks good!"

:D

Fantastic man, looks great! You make me jealous that its still too cold here to get started on any corrections. My paint is thrashed from the winter! I managed a ONR wash and v7 wipedown yesterday. It looks ok, people say "its so shiny", but up close I can tell whats up. Ugh!

65ish outside right now, snow and ice pellets forecast for later today. Snow on thursday.

Thanks guys! I did put in a lot of free labor on this one as "good" is never "good enough" for me and all the random deeper scratches remaining drove me nuts, so I chased as many down as I could! It's still money I wouldn't have had if I was sitting on the couch at home. ;)
23 hours of detailing labor on a brand new luxury car, :pat:that's ridiculous! Looks great though!!

Even more ridiculous is that that $40k+ luxury car was delivered to the client in that condition! That's why I always tell people, if you want a new car get it directly of the transport with NO dealer prep out side the require PDI. ;)

Last edited:
Fantastic man, looks great! You make me jealous that its still too cold here to get started on any corrections. My paint is thrashed from the winter! I managed a ONR wash and v7 wipedown yesterday. It looks ok, people say "its so shiny", but up close I can tell whats up. Ugh!

65ish outside right now, snow and ice pellets forecast for later today. Snow on thursday.

LOL....not quite my friend! ;)
42800FBE-C9C0-48CE-BF3D-6EB0A73D3ABE-1313-0000011729F04330.jpg

Hahahahah nice..... I guess I should have rephrased that.

I am jealous of your sweet freakin workspace!

This car actually belongs to an old co-worker/buddy of mine. He picked up the car the day it came in so no dealer prep was done to the car. Overall the paint was in great shape with just a few light scratches that I had to chase down and the rest of the car received a light polish. However, the gloss black wheels were a different story and they required far more work. ;)

Process:

Wash - ONR, MF towels for wash media, boars hair brush for cracks, crevices, emblems with OPC
Wheels - Sonax Full Effect, lambs wool wash mitt
Tires - OPC, Tuf Shine tire brush, dressed with Megs Hyper Dressing 4:1
Decon - IronX, Speedy Prep Towel with Glide for lube
Paint correction - Scratches chased down with D300 on the G110v2 with 3" MF pads. Whole car polishes with Hyper Polish and Crimson LC pads on the Rupes LHR21.
Wheel correction - D300 on the Flex PE14 rotary with 3" MF pads, followed by 106fa on the Flex PE14 rotary with 3" Rupes yellow pads.
Coating Prep - Eraser wipe-down 2x with Great White MF towels (6 towels)
Coating - CQuartz Finest on paint and lights, Opti-Coat Pro on wheels (face and barrels) and matte trim, Opti-Glass Pro on all glass.

Pics:

Was snowing/raining when the car arrived, this was after a rinse at the coin-opp.

Poor condition of the wheel finish

After pics

Wheels

As always, thank you for viewing my work!

Rasky

wheels look horrendous for a new car. wow. Did they wash the wheels with a steel brush?

wheels look horrendous for a new car. wow. Did they wash the wheels with a steel brush?

We had no idea how they got that way to be honest. There was no dealer prep and the owner only washed it himself once and he knows how to wash a car. :confuzzled:

Been a while since I've posted some of my work again.... :D

First I have to give thanks to everyone who referred the owner to me over on AGO. I also have to thank the owner for giving me the opportunity to work on his baby and for making the long trip down from Canada. There is a really great story to this cars history but it's been a couple months since I did the car and unfortunately I've forgotten a lot of the details. I believe he bought it new, used it in his wedding, eventually sold it and many years later found it again and restored it to the condition you see now. He wasn't really looking for the same car either, it just happened to be listed for sale at the time he was looking and a friend mentioned seeing it....sounds like fate to me! :)

Car as it arrived.
20130517-DSC_0743.jpg

Overall condition was actually in great shape! The owners main concern was a bird dropping stain and some water spot etching on the roof. It had been 7-8 years since it was painted and I pointed out some fine swirls and light shrink areas. I had also found several long, straight, moderate scratches on the horizontal panels...anyone want to guess what those are from? :) After looking the car over we agreed to hit the more noticeable areas with some wet sanding and do a 1-step correction after spot hitting the deeper defects.

20130517-DSC_0744.jpg

Shrink
20130517-DSC_0746.jpg

More shrink and light bird poo stain
20130517-DSC_0747.jpg

1500/3000 grit sanding via my new Mirka Ceros DA sander and by hand around the fender. Gotta thank Kevin Brown for getting the Ceros to me! :)

20130517-DSC_0748.jpg

Light swirls were hard to capture
20130518-DSC_0749.jpg

After with Fenix LED
20130519-DSC_0753.jpg

After with Brinkmann
20130519-DSC_0755.jpg

I had really hoped to get some nice sun shots when we were all done but this was the weather I had.....we waited a while but ended up loading it back up in the rain. :(
20130519-DSC_0751.jpg

Finished shots...these don't do any justice for the color and it looks amazing in the sun!
20130519-DSC_0758.jpg

20130519-DSC_0759.jpg

This was a Canadian spec car so you may notice some differences over the US models.
20130519-DSC_0760.jpg

20130519-DSC_0768.jpg

20130519-DSC_0770.jpg

Did I mention that it had a 427 with over 630hp and does the 1/4 in the high 10's? :) (Owner still has the 396 too)
20130519-DSC_0762.jpg

20130519-DSC_0763.jpg

After loading it up and drying it off in the trailer the rain stopped! Go figure!!! All dried down and covered back up for the long ride home.

20130519-DSC_0772.jpg

Thanks for looking,
Rasky

It was very well done and in great shape for a 7-8yr old restoration. ;)

Back