DIY RBC Swap into 9th Gen - * ECU Tuning Is Mandatory *

I just did this swap yesterday and did all the work myself including the welding etc. This writeup made it much easier, thanks for the info. I didn't have a machine shop do any of the work on the manifold though. I welded up the peanut coolant port then ground it down close to the machined surface then filed it down by hand until I felt it was good then sanded it with a piece of sand paper wrapped around a piece of square tubing.

As for the IACV I just filled it with JB weld. Still needs a tune but seems quicker already.

tried to do some searching on this, i cannot for the life of me find out whether or not i'm required to do the splicing/soldering on the wires, or if there is a different way to go about it?
also where can i find me some 8th gen 310 injectors?
i was looking into the PRL manifold gasket, so that i didn't have to do any machine work, and they offer the RDX injectors with pigtails (i assume to match ours for plug and play so no wire work??) for $220, good price?

tried to do some searching on this, i cannot for the life of me find out whether or not i'm required to do the splicing/soldering on the wires, or if there is a different way to go about it?
also where can i find me some 8th gen 310 injectors?
i was looking into the PRL manifold gasket, so that i didn't have to do any machine work, and they offer the RDX injectors with pigtails (i assume to match ours for plug and play so no wire work??) for $220, good price?
im curious myself... i would really enjoy this swap with little possibility for an expensive error.....

noob question.. im actually doing this right now as we speak.. and when i take off the fuel rail, theres gas pouring out. not sure if its suppose to pour out or it is and it will stop?nervous about taking the fuel rail off incase it pours out non stop! help pleaseeeeee

Reviving this thread cause I'm going to be doing this soon. If anyone else (including @squiggy when he gets his done) has any input or updates or advice, I'd appreciate

Reviving this thread cause I'm going to be doing this soon. If anyone else (including @squiggy when he gets his done) has any input or updates or advice, I'd appreciate

I've have poured through it a few times already!

i haven't done it yet due to some finance issues (moved into a new place, and had overtime cut at work, so i'm a little strapped at the moment)... keep us posted 323 and let us know how it goes!!

i haven't done it yet due to some finance issues (moved into a new place, and had overtime cut at work, so i'm a little strapped at the moment)... keep us posted 323 and let us know how it goes!!
Will do! Although @squiggy will probably get to it before me

after reading some things....will i need a new fuel rail at the same time as i install the rbc?
even if i'm planning to use the stock injectors?

Back