Slow but SERIOUS build thread

Thanks Webb!

8y8esahe.jpg

dura9a5u.jpg

Used Avery wrap this time...its thinner than 3M 1080. Bubbles are definitely easier to take out and I felt the wrap was easier to work with.

Auto Zone! Lol its cheap man about $4 for a box that brings enough for you to mess up a couple times. It's definitely not the best of quality though, it seems as if in a couple weeks it'll be peeling off but let's see. They have all different kinds of widths and colors Nix

Reactions: Nix
Tell me more about this "soap and water" and sticker application thing.

For the jdm badges with overlays first clean them well with alcohol. Make sure they're nice and smooth lol. When ur going to apply the overlays get a spray bottle with a Mix of soap and water, normally I use dish washing soap and water but I used car wash soap and water last time and it worked perfectly. My best tip is for you to saturate it in soap and water (the emblem and also the back sticky part of the overlay). Apply the overlay and move it around till u see its all covering the red part on the jdm badge perfectly. Once you see its on right get a squeegee or a credit card with a microfiber towel over it and hold the overlay in place and start pushing the air bubbles out. A blow dryer will speed the process up, I didn't use one. It seems like a lot but its really not. Shouldn't take you more than 5 minutes to do each emblem. Did you also order an overlay for the steering wheel emblem?

For the jdm badges with overlays first clean them well with alcohol. Make sure they're nice and smooth lol. When ur going to apply the overlays get a spray bottle with a Mix of soap and water, normally I use dish washing soap and water but I used car wash soap and water last time and it worked perfectly. My best tip is for you to saturate it in soap and water (the emblem and also the back sticky part of the overlay). Apply the overlay and move it around till u see its all covering the red part on the jdm badge perfectly. Once you see its on right get a squeegee or a credit card with a microfiber towel over it and hold the overlay in place and start pushing the air bubbles out. A blow dryer will speed the process up, I didn't use one. It seems like a lot but its really not. Shouldn't take you more than 5 minutes to do each emblem. Did you also order an overlay for the steering wheel emblem?
Yup! I was so excited to see those. I can't wait for it to ship. Thanks for the tip about the soap and water...I feel a lot less anxious now about putting this business on.

I remember that people didn't use this method like (10+) years ago. There was a tutorial in one of the modified car magazines on how to apply vinyl graphic designs on a side of a car. The soap and water method was not used so putting the vinyl was a one time shot and it would leave air bubbles. Then, you would need to use a needle to poke the air bubbles to get rid of it. Using a soapy water solution is a great way in installing tints/overlays/films/sticker/decals because it would prevent air bubbles and you have more freedom to move and adjust the position of the application.

re5e3y6a.jpg

e7upu7u8.jpg

Gave it a good wash today inside and out, found a huge door ding on my passenger side rear quarter panel :( when its clean and in the sun you notice it a mile away. Mad as hell!!!!!!! But on another note ordered the new Tsudo burnt tip catback yesterday :) and might order a takeda intake this Friday hopefully if uncle sam doesnt get too excited on how much he takes out from my check lol

Back