Squiggy and Spidergirl's Annual Halloween Movie Fest!

So raw is the best so far? Squiggy agree?

There have been quite a few that have been surprisingly good (or entertaining) so far this year. Each one for different reasons...which is why I don't like ranking movies (or music).

no I get that. I hate when people ask me a fav movie/music etc. Depends on my mood and whatnot at the time. I like different things for different reasons as well.

no I get that. I hate when people ask me a fav movie/music etc. Depends on my mood and whatnot at the time. I like different things for different reasons as well.
I agree. However...
Rocky Horror Picture Show will always be my favorite movie and Queen will always be my favorite band. Hands down.

Train to busan was surprisingly good. I’m not one for zombie movies but it was pretty intense.

Third week recap.....
  • 15. Train to Busan
    THIS is my favorite one so far, and quite possibly one of my favorite horror movies of all time. Definitely top 10.
    Yes, it's yet another zombie movie. BUT it's great! I love the relationship between the characters and that there's an actual feasible storyline. The imagery is great. I even cried. I mean...c'mon! It does an amazing job at actually making you feel for the characters...good or bad.

• 16. House
    Ugh. Ok, so while I personally didn't enjoy this movie, I will say it definitely deserves at least one watch just because it's so damn weird. It's cult-classic type weird. So bad that it's good. Also, some of the animation effects that are used are actually kinda cool in a hokey kinda way. I have a love hate relationship with this movie.

• 17. Goodnight Mommy
    Tooting my own horn here...I called this one within five minutes too!
    Ok, maybe not 100%, but at least the main aspect of what was going on. It takes a little bit to piece together what the actual situation is, and we did have to guess around a few times given certain clues within the movie. Overall, I thought it was kinda lame. I left very unfulfilled.

• 18. Silent House
    So, I've seen the remake (which was literally the year after this one was made)...which was much better. So, I went into this one already knowing the storyline, but the American version did a much better job visually and in terms of building tension. Just save yourself and watch that one.

• 19. The Strange Color of Your Body's Tears
    I have no words. Just...super odd.
    Very artsy. Almost trying too hard to be artsy with close to zero plot and a TON of awkward acting and imagery. I was not a fan...at all. @squiggy wouldn't let me turn it off.

• 20. Suicide Club
    Different...in a good way! The concept is cool and some of the scenes are just gross. Ha. I read a little about it afterwards and it made more sense. There are a lot of references to Japanese culture of the time, which adds to its appeal.

• 21. Eyes Without a Face
    On the list of 1001 movies to see before you die. I keep trying to remind myself that these "older" movies are not going to be as well thought out as newer ones. I don't know. Maybe I just don't have an appreciation for them like I should. Overall, it was still pretty entertaining. You'll have to ask @squiggy for his take to get more info. LoL

It has been hell trying to keep up with movies this year. Work, school, extracurricular activities, etc. have all put a damper on the experience. LoL Also, the whole aspect of having to READ them has been interesting. I feel like I've failed this year.

I like it! Are you only watching “new” things, or anything goes?

I'm already a slacker and forgot to post yesterday's movie. I need to get back into the hang of this. haha

Day 1: (1919) Eerie Tales
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0010821/

A demon, a reaper, and the ghost of a prostitute read Gothic short stories and act them out.

You can watch on YouTube here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAaEqSwe8SU

*EDIT* So, I would recommend watching this via the YouTube link I posted but watch it at double-speed. It's a bit rough to get through and I definitely nodded off a couple of times. Impressive to think that this was made 100 years ago, though.

01 1919 Eerie Tales.jpg

Back