Squiggy and Spidergirl's Annual Halloween Movie Fest!

First week down! Here are my opinions...
  1. The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari
    The sets are super awesome! The trivia said that they had very little to work with, so the sets were all made from paper and the tight space led to the wonky camera angles. BEAUTIFUL! However, not necessarily super entertaining.

2. Black Sunday
    Eh. Not really a fan. Could've done without this one.

3. Cannibal Holocaust
    I can definitely see why so many people thought this was real. Much of it does seem very very real. Scary real. Also, I couldn't watch during the animal deaths. Just can't. Eli Roth's "remake" of this, The Green Inferno, was on the list last year. Both movies are great and I highly recommend watching them!

4. The Loved Ones
    This. Was. Great. That's all. No more words...just watch it.

5. Frontier(s)
    Sooooo I feel like this was good but many aspects were predictable and taken from other horror movies like Texas Chainsaw Massacre, The Hills Have Eyes, etc. Overall it kept me interested.

6. Kill List
    Definitely one of my favorites so far. Definitely a WTF movie. As I mentioned, it's like it has three acts. So much that can be inferred by what is said and not said. I feel like the ending will be the make it or break it for a lot of people.

7. Baskin
    I don't even know what to say about this one. Seemingly boring at first, moments of being surreal, then thrown into "what the hell was that". Definitely moments of gore.

Day 8: (2007) [REC]
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1038988/

None of the actors were given the entire script so no one knew their character's fate, sometimes not even until the day they were filming it. This left everyone stressed, nervous, and apprehensive, adding to the tone of the film itself.

08 [REC] 2007.jpg

Second week recap.....
  • 08. [REC]
    At first I thought, "Oh great another documentary-style horror film" but it surprised me. I really enjoyed the actors portrayals of their characters and the gritty claustrophobically of the film itself.

• 09. The Skin I Live In
    It's slow. Seems like just a drama where you have no idea what's going on. Then it clicks and I appreciated it MUCH more. I definitely had a "WHOA" moment.

• 10. Suspiria
    Nope. The only thing I really enjoyed about this movie was that it was visually appealing. The sound was awful - which was done on purpose - which makes it even worse.

• 11. The Brood
    I mean...it's Cronenberg. I expected some weird **** and it did not disappoint. Not necessarily good weird though...just weird.

• 12. High Tension
    We've seen this one before and put it on the list just so we could watch it again. It's not as good watching it the second time, but I had forgotten some of what happens, so overall it was still worth the watch.

• 13. Raw
    Dude. What...the...****. Definitely worth the watch! This is definitely one of my top choices for this year so far.

• 14. A Tale of Two Sisters
    Called it...for the most part. I actually fell asleep during this one, soooooo I can't really say much. Lee finished it. But I DID call it within the first five minutes. BOOM!

Second week recap.....
  • 14. A Tale of Two Sisters
    Called it...for the most part. I actually fell asleep during this one, soooooo I can't really say much. Lee finished it. But I DID call it within the first five minutes. BOOM!

She is overstating what she called...

Back