Squiggy's 2012 DBP II Si Coupe

Please post pics of your progress and keep us updated on problems encountered and suggestions. Very interested to do ths.

I will probably do a bit more today. First piece of advice: If it is not warm out, the material will not be very pliable. A blow drier will come in handy. If it is sunny, leave it out in the sun for a bit.

I find my car loud.

After driving around with the rear interior torn apart for so long and the seats down occasionally, I can tell you that a lot of sound comes in from the wheel wells. I would suggest taking the rear seat paneling out and using some on the wheel wells there too.

Stuffed the empty spaces with some foam first.

2013-10-06 12.27.02.jpg

Got a few easy big pieces put on. I forgot to take a picture, but I got two more big strips done before finishing for the day.

2013-10-06 13.15.30.jpg

This was 1.5-2 hours worth of work. It would go a bit faster if it was warm out and the material was more pliable. Have to use a blow dryer and it takes a bit longer when it is cooler out. Honestly, I would rather do it this way than in the heat anyway. When I did the back deck, it was miserable working in the heat and humidity.

Is the trunk lid heavier now? Are you going to get the stronger bar?

So, if I understand correctly you just heat this material up, form it and then when it cools it stays in that shape. No glue etc. needed right?

Is the trunk lid heavier now? Are you going to get the stronger bar?

So, if I understand correctly you just heat this material up, form it and then when it cools it stays in that shape. No glue etc. needed right?

Yeah, it is heavier. Not sure if it is heavy enough to need stronger bars though. It has an adhesive on one side. You don't need to heat it up. It just makes it more pliable and easier to work with.

Meant to provide an update on the Hybrid Racing cable bushings. Quite impressed with them and surprised at the difference they make. Shifting seems smoother with a more pronounced (but not harsh) notchiness.

Well, mod purchases are coming to an end until spring. Except for a set of front speakers/tweeters and taking advantage of a free shipping sale from @CollegeHillsHonda if they do one before spring. Just have to finish installing and tweaking everything and then just enjoy the car for a while.

That didn't last long. Starting to notice the need for one of these while in the middle of tuning:

wp_20130108_004.jpg

@axion_industries had some uncanny timing with their product threads today.

as soon as you get that DIY up, i'm ordering one

It's easy. I can do a DIY for you right now!

Step 1. jack up car. Put car on jack stands

Step 2. Remove top dog bone mount

Step 3. Remove the bolt from the front motor mount.

Step 4 remove rear mount ( will have to rock the motor slightly to release it. Very easy)

Step 5. Rock motor forward ( meaning pushing the oil pan towards the front of the car and the valve cover towards the rear of car and that should give you the clearance you need to slide the rear mount in. The motor will be supported by the to side mounts knows as the driver and passenger mounts! Which will give you the rock movement. )

Step 6. Install the front mount bolt and tighten slightly.

Step 7. Install the top dog bone and tighten.

Step 8. Tighten font mount bolt.

Step 9. Check all mount and make sure everything is tighten.

Step 10. Put car on ground and enjoy your no more wheel hop!

I think that is about it. :rotfl:

Back