Stealth's 2012 Si Sedan Build

Update: Buddy Club Short Shifter installed along with the Hybrid Racing Base Bushing. Still need to decide if I want to keep on the path of going all out with the OEM manifold or make the switch over to RBC-land. If I decide to stay with the OEM manifold, then the next step will be to swap out the 2.5" downpipe for a 3" full race unit. Per Vit it'll be good for another 4-5 whp. I would probably be more inclined to make the RBC switch if I could retain my current Rick Spec'd Intake without having to buy yet another intake. I know it would require an different silicone coupler, but not quite sure which one. Getting kind of close to maxing out the stock injectors so may have to switch those out if I decide to stay the OEM manifold route. Decisions Decisions...

I would say: switch downpipe, get new injectors, go RBC with a different coupler. You can even get the RBC ported if you want to maximize it's performance.

You can try searching for someone who has an RBC and the Rick intake and see what they used, or else you'll need to just put on the RBC and then see what kind of bend it is and what length you need

any ideas as to where I could find out which coupler would be needed?
Keep in mind the RBC intake manifold is designed for a motor that revs to almost 9000k that manifold is met for peak horsepower our motor is designed for torque utilizing the RBC manifold youll be gaining 4-5 peak horsepower but losing 20ft tq across the rev band. honestly thats not something im willing to let go for simply 4-5 hp. keep upgrading the facory intake. and wait for those pulleys. maybe a light weight flywheel. before you move to an rbc or maybe an alternative intake manifold

^^^ This. The purpose of the RBC is lost on the K24z7 motors. Which is not a bad thing at all.

@PASCIAK i know what you're saying is true, but i always find it hard when prl/axion swear that a ported rbc will take better advantage of the zdx tb i already have and produce 10-15 whp on the top end. decisions decisions apparently they're now saying that ported runner protect the torque curve

new rims! Konig Backbones 17x7.5" (18 lbs per rim). Not a scratch on them and got them AND an extra set of Yokohama YK580's for $100. Couldn't pass up that deal...

KONIG BACKBONES (1).jpg

got yet another email from NST telling me that it's going to be another 3-4 weeks until I receive my pullies. Considering that it's now been 8 months since I ordered them, I decided to go ahead and just buy the Unorthodox Racing Set from PRO Civic. Should be here in a week.

Did you get a refund for the NST ones?
over 4 different refund request were made along with multiple voicemails (none of them responded too). Only email response I received was multiple statements regarding a setback in production and that they're confident that my parts would be sent out in 3-4 weeks. I received those emails in March, May, July, September, and November. Needless to say, I don't believe I'm getting those pullies. Hence the reason I buckled down at spent the money on a set from Unorthodox Racing.

@Stealth file a claim with the BBB and Federal trade Commission i'm sure they'll respond then!
already tried filing with the BBB, but they closed out the compliant less than 24 hours later saying they were unable to reach the customer and deemed them as either out of business of moved. Neither are true as their phone number is not disconnected and he responded to my latest email with another ETA of 3-4 weeks just 2-3 days later. I've basically given up at this point and if he does eventually send them to me, I'll just post them up for sale on the boards.

still tuning with Vit. Preliminary Dyno figures. Still looking a little rough on the top end. Unorthodox Racing pullies are coming in this Friday and will be installed next week. Looking to break 220+whp with non-rbc k24z7. Shouldn't be a problem.

dyno.jpg

Back