stilletto's Garage

I didn't know this was a thing that could happen! :scratches:

It’s apparently SUPER common. Crazy to think people have to deal with that kind of stuff after being with a company for so long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

what does the company get out of doing that? isnt unemployment paid through taxes in the states?

Learn something new every day... neat
yeah, i can see why employers in the states would try their hardest not to let their ex employees go on unemployment. you think americans would be ok with more money coming off their pay to pay for stuff like this?

yeah, i can see why employers in the states would try their hardest not to let their ex employees go on unemployment. you think americans would be ok with more money coming off their pay to pay for stuff like this?

Why should we be the ones to pay the taxes/premiums when employers can let people go on a whim? When they let people go for no cause and that emoloyee collects unemployment, the employeer's premiums go up. To me, this is a fair system and helps stop employers from arbitrarily letting people go and encourages them to try and keep people employed when times get tough.

Why should we be the ones to pay the taxes/premiums when employers can let people go on a whim? When they let people go for no cause and that emoloyee collects unemployment, the employeer's premiums go up. To me, this is a fair system and helps stop employers from arbitrarily letting people go and encourages them to try and keep people employed when times get tough.

for the reason above. his wife may not get it now because the employer is interfering. i pay about $30 on every cheque towards ei ( unemployment insurance ) up to a max of about $860 a year. same for cpp ( canadian pension plan ) which is given back when you retire although its not much. pay about $2700 a year for that. i dont know, im a little bias ( im sure you are too ) with the way its done for canadians.

for the reason above. his wife may not get it now because the employer is interfering. i pay about $30 on every cheque towards ei ( unemployment insurance ) up to a max of about $860 a year. same for cpp ( canadian pension plan ) which is given back when you retire although its not much. pay about $2700 a year for that. i dont know, im a little bias ( im sure you are too ) with the way its done for canadians.
The employer may be interfering, but a full investigation will be done. Unless, the employer has sufficient documentation that cannot be contradicted by what the employee has, they will lose. The more they lose, the higher their premiums go. Very rarely have I ever heard of an employer being successful in getting UI denied if they were trying to game the system.

Couple iPhone snaps.

ff1bbdb5ad1774565ffd0249c687f7ba.plist

f7cf6599403e6771db3065d1e0a140a2.plist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thaaats clean!!!

Back