Stock IM vs RBC IM

Honestly if you want a good intake for our cars. Go with a ct engineering supercharger lol.

Reactions: 323
+1 Squiggy. That's no slouch of a dyno
I'm gonna have a hard time selling my RBC now...

Maybe not. One tuning vendor has stricken fear in the herd because of midrange. I don't care much about midrange, except in my Celestion Greenbacks.
Midrange dip doesn't mean that's the end of the story, does it Axion? You have great numbers posted in the dyno above. Right? I'm sure there are people out there who loved their RBC conversions. Right? Anyone?

squiggy tagged them in a post above, so we'll see what their mod list consists of on that run

As promised, I received my OEM parts back from Maxbore today.

OEM Throttle Body Bored to 68mm tapered with new butterfly.

IMG-20140606-00333.jpg

P2R Throttle Body Spacer/Gasket Bored to Match new Throttle Body

IMG-20140606-00334.jpg

Intake Runners (Fuel Injector Base) w/P2R Thermal Intake Manifold Gasket. Stock casting marks removed with 2mm port job. Pictures don't do it justice. IMG-20140606-00335.jpg
IMG-20140606-00336.jpg
IMG-20140606-00337.jpg

I also have the stock "plastic" Intake Manifold ported to match the new larger throttle body as well. I can try and take a picture of it as well if anyone's interested.

That was on Vits E dyno.... We dynoed on E85 and average around 50whp over stock Naturally

We were hoping you could provide some insight (or counterpoints to Vit's observations) on the effectiveness of the RBC itself as far as NA tuning in relation to the power and torque curve.

Back