stormCIVIC fg3

@Pauly99to17 hey i see that you have a P2R throttle body spacer. I need your opinion on whether or not to get it. Im so nervous about the part where you have to cut a slit in the gasket. also as you know i dont have a intake all i have is drop in k&n. should I do it? will it make any noticable noise or power?

also on a side note I need everyones help on finding some easy cheap performance upgrades. I want to add like 10hp but dont want to blow out the budget.

also need opinions on best 225/45/17 tires. Im looking to get a new set and need opinions on some not crazy expensive tires that are great bang for your buck tires. im on ohtsu (falken) fp7000 tires now

Dedicated high performance summer tires or what category tire?

Yes, the tbs is worth it IMO. I noticed a difference. It's not really significant but it's there. Also helped sound a bit. Don't worry about making the notch. There are plenty of pictures on how big to do it. It's piss easy. Take your time. I never had a warning light and everyone I know of who did the notch didn't have a warning light either. Easy install. Be patient and careful. Last thing you want to do is drop a bolt into the air intake of the engine.

Every one raves about Micheline Pilot Super Sport tires.

Reactions: Tak
Yes, the tbs is worth it IMO. I noticed a difference. It's not really significant but it's there. Also helped sound a bit. Don't worry about making the notch. There are plenty of pictures on how big to do it. It's piss easy. Take your time. I never had a warning light and everyone I know of who did the notch didn't have a warning light either. Easy install. Be patient and careful. Last thing you want to do is drop a bolt into the air intake of the engine.

Every one raves about Micheline Pilot Super Sport tires.
and yeah I'd love to be able to afford Michelin but just not in my budget. I'm thinking about getting a set of yokohama or just getting the same tires I have. I've only had those tires for a year now and now there in the red on my depth gauge. But then again I've been to the mountains a lot last year and this year and I go all out when I do. That's probably why my tread disappears

What's your tire budget?

I've heard a lot of people say good things about the Hankook Ventus V-12 EVO tires. They are just under $100 at the moment.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...R7K120XL&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

I know a bunch of people on here run the Conti Extreme DW tires and like them. They are just slightly more expensive at $115 a tire.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...5WR7ECDW&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

My wife's car has a set of Falken Ziex 912 all-seasons and I have found them to be a very competent tire in all conditions including light snow, which they should not be driven in but did a surprisingly passable job. They were rated for 45,000 miles and we are just over that mileage with them and they have probably another 5k left in them. Pretty decent. They appear to be hard to find now and I'm not sure what tire replaced them. Just another option if you see them. Tire rack does not carry them but a local place might.

@Pauly99to17 hey i see that you have a P2R throttle body spacer. I need your opinion on whether or not to get it. Im so nervous about the part where you have to cut a slit in the gasket. also as you know i dont have a intake all i have is drop in k&n. should I do it? will it make any noticable noise or power?

also on a side note I need everyones help on finding some easy cheap performance upgrades. I want to add like 10hp but dont want to blow out the budget.

also need opinions on best 225/45/17 tires. Im looking to get a new set and need opinions on some not crazy expensive tires that are great bang for your buck tires. im on ohtsu (falken) fp7000 tires now

If your looking for performance I would skip the TBS and get the RV6 down pipe. It's not cheap but worth every penny.

Car looks great btw!

On a side note to this, if you have the stock air box you may find that the spacer pushed everything over and its either super tight or just plain doesn't fit. You could run with the air box loose or skip the spaced until you get at least a short ram on their to give you some space. Have you pulled the resonator from down below? It makes a pretty decent intake out of the stock system with the drop-in.

On a side note to this, if you have the stock air box you may find that the spacer pushed everything over and its either super tight or just plain doesn't fit. You could run with the air box loose or skip the spaced until you get at least a short ram on their to give you some space. Have you pulled the resonator from down below? It makes a pretty decent intake out of the stock system with the drop-in.
Ya, good point. I remember I had to trim a little off the hose coming out of my intake (Takaeda).

Flashpro.

Get it.

Especially for something big like the "header/downpipe"

What's your tire budget?

I've heard a lot of people say good things about the Hankook Ventus V-12 EVO tires. They are just under $100 at the moment.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...R7K120XL&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

I know a bunch of people on here run the Conti Extreme DW tires and like them. They are just slightly more expensive at $115 a tire.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...5WR7ECDW&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

My wife's car has a set of Falken Ziex 912 all-seasons and I have found them to be a very competent tire in all conditions including light snow, which they should not be driven in but did a surprisingly passable job. They were rated for 45,000 miles and we are just over that mileage with them and they have probably another 5k left in them. Pretty decent. They appear to be hard to find now and I'm not sure what tire replaced them. Just another option if you see them. Tire rack does not carry them but a local place might.
i use ohtsu fp7000 at the moment and everywhere ive looked it doesnt say the rated mileage but they dont do good on that at all. ive had them 1 year now and already at the point where i need new tires probably before the end of this year, most of that reason is because ive been to the mountians alot this past year and drove my car fun everytime. i mean who goes to the mountain and drives slow?? . but on the plus side they have excellent grip and also very cheap. they are $266 for a set (4 tires). but i just think i need to part from that and go for something that will last me longer. so the bfgoodrich g-force and other option are on the table being examined now

If your looking for performance I would skip the TBS and get the RV6 down pipe. It's not cheap but worth every penny.

Car looks great btw!
thanks and yeah no joke on it being expensive. its on the table just cant see me buying it yet.

question. what is the sizes of the coupes windshield wipers. i need new ones and need to know the size to order

Back