Stretch Tire Fittings

Yeah, I know. It is an overkill, but that car seemed to have beaten many cars (evo, WRX, MS3) in auto-x events and it only has HFP suspension and that set of rubber. Lol.

People do it to run wider wheels with lower offsets in an effort to avoid rubbing the fenders.

People do it to run wider wheels with lower offsets in an effort to avoid rubbing the fenders.

At the expense of serious curb damage? What good is a wider wheel if the contact patch isn't any wider plus you potentially sacrifice the reliability of the sidewall? This just seems like it's done for purely cosmetic reasons.

I think it looks great with the 215. I didn't notice that it was stretched until you mentioned it. LOl.

What is considered average pricing in buying tires and getting them stretched?
welltire shops will only stretch them so much because of liability reasons.

lets say you stay very modest and go 18x8.5, you can easily put a 215/40/18 on there like nothing (even cheapy chinese brand tires)

of course, tires can range from $80/each to like $300/each for better ones.

when im by myself theres a little bit of rubbing, but when i have a passenger i have alot of rubbing lol

im getting a camber kit for the rear in a couple weeks hopefully it will help but i dont want a lot of negative camber!? any suggestions?

you on springs/coils? Only options are more camber, raise it, less width on wheels.....

Back