Stretch Tire Fittings

Probably.. I wouldn't call it very mild but it varies some 215's fit wide as I've seen but stock for sure is mild
well thats the thing.. The michelin pilot 215's have a bigger lip and the 7" rim honda makes has a thinner lip. The tire itself isnt really stretched but it appears that way. My 225's on 9" rim is similar to what you have. Very mild stretch :) Maybe like a tiny bit more :P
486842_10200604714033389_1812334581_n.jpg

575358_10200650448496722_1715299704_n.jpg

Sorry for **** quality :/

Reactions: Nix
225's "should" have a 9" section width, or just about when you convert the mm to inches. So yea, depending on the manufacturer your tires and rims should be just about even. Dunlops tend to run very wide. I bet a set of those wouldn't look stretched at all.

yeah :) Keep in mind tho, wheels are measured width from bead seat to bead seat... (a 18x9" rim is actually 10" wide)

The tire manufacturer uses tread width as measurement...

wheel_csect.jpg

So in all honestly would the stock tires on a 9 inch wide wheel be too much of a stretch? I saw that today and it didnt look too bad. Just dont want to sacrifice any performance is all

So in all honestly would the stock tires on a 9 inch wide wheel be too much of a stretch? I saw that today and it didnt look too bad. Just dont want to sacrifice any performance is all
same performance hypothetically except under hard cornering you could rip a tire off :P

same performance hypothetically except under hard cornering you could rip a tire off :P
Yeah thats what im worried about. I like cornering, not tire screeching hard, but hard. Was wondering what the chances are with that set up. It honestly didnt look stretched that bad. What about on 17x8? Basically I want to use my stock tires and not have to worry about things but still have a stance.

Yeah thats what im worried about. I like cornering, not tire screeching hard, but hard. Was wondering what the chances are with that set up. It honestly didnt look stretched that bad. What about on 17x8? Basically I want to use my stock tires and not have to worry about things but still have a stance.
if you want 9 wide go 225 min... 17x8 yeah 215's should do :)

Reactions: Nix
Eh I'm trying to save money and keep my stock tires. Do the enkei rpf1 look different at 8 inch vs 9 inch wide?

Eh I'm trying to save money and keep my stock tires. Do the enkei rpf1 look different at 8 inch vs 9 inch wide?

Yes. very very much so. 8inch is still whats called the "bubble face" and the 9" have that stepped lip and concave look to them.

Yes. very very much so. 8inch is still whats called the "bubble face" and the 9" have that stepped lip and concave look to them.
Thats what I thought. Ill get a 9 inch wide wheel and stretch my stock tire on it. From what ive been reading it would be a little stretch so I shouldnt have to worry about the tire debeading from the wheel.

Back