Sunofwolf Random Banter Containment Thread

emissions light out with new tune -now i to datalog again. This car is half computer and half car. Etunez added more fuel and set vtec at 4200rpm also. i can get another today today maybe.

I went to honda dealer and they fixed the wheel sensors and i got two qts of tranny oil for $15, $2 less then the closest dealer. And this is very funny, they had not one honda si 2013-15 coupe's. My car looked better than all the other honda's they had on their lot.
Not one r model. The other dealer did have a R model but marked it up to close to $40,000.

Attachments

• DSC00461.JPG
    DSC00461.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 7
Only honda has the software to reprogram the wheel sensors. Honda can only program the wheels sensors if they are honda OEM sensors. Aftermarket sensors maynot work with honda's computer. This is just super picky stuff to get a $100 bucks out of people who just want to run different wheels. If i change wheels it may not work again. So how do i run two sets of wheels without paying a $100 every time? I am not going to run the OEM wheels any more. its cheaper to just run the ultragrams koing all the time when i switch tires. I am disappointed that, i can't see any other option. I could buy some fancy scanners myself and maybe get it to work, but why does this have to turn into some kind of chalange to switch wheels? Some honda's do have a reset function, 2013-2012 don't. I like the car but I think honda could do better than this. Honda's are priced very well. I threw in the towel honda wins-not me!:hmmm?:

They fed you a line of garbage if that’s what they told you

u bought oem wheel sensors?
I put the old oem sensors back on when I couldn't get the aftermarket one's from discount tire working. My idea which failed is I was setting up two set of wheels and tires so i wouldn't have to change the tires off the wheels all the time.

They fed you a line of garbage if that’s what they told you
I agree honda was giving me a bunch of bull ****. how much time am i going to put into figuring this stuff out? It just isn't worth the time it has taken. maybe in the future, i will figure out what is going on here? It does seem to be a scam to get $100 out of you and in the same time honda cares nothing about the safety factor here about them working or the cost or your dash board lighting up with stupid lights all the time.

Well yeah, the dealer's not going to fool with anything not OEM, so taking them 3rd party sensors isn't going to go over well. I agree with Webby, they probably CAN program them, but they ain't gonna.

My 2015 Civic does have TPMS calibration option. I fill up air to 33psi each tires and hit the calibration button and it does the rest of the work. Doesn't the the 2012-2013 have that feature like the '15? I'm assuming '14 does, but not '12-'13?

Well yeah, the dealer's not going to fool with anything not OEM, so taking them 3rd party sensors isn't going to go over well. I agree with Webby, they probably CAN program them, but they ain't gonna.
I bet they could program the discout tire sensors, I put the oem back on hoping the tire shop could get them to work-and they failed. So i put on the working oem sensors and the tire shops still couldn't program them. My only option then was the dealer which got the Oem one's working again. Do you realize how stuff like this is making people not to want to buy a honda-. This dealer was not doing well at all and the cars they had were all automatics with detuned engines. the 1.5 turbo engine is junk. 3.5 v6 good. 2l turbo good. Honda does price their cars well however.

I'm not sure why they need to be programmed at all. FCA sensors will learn themselvss after driving a few miles. Glad I don't have sensors.

I bet they could program the discout tire sensors, I put the oem back on hoping the tire shop could get them to work-and they failed. So i put on the working oem sensors and the tire shops still couldn't program them. My only option then was the dealer which got the Oem one's working again. Do you realize how stuff like this is making people not to want to buy a honda-. This dealer was not doing well at all and the cars they had were all automatics with detuned engines. the 1.5 turbo engine is junk. 3.5 v6 good. 2l turbo good. Honda does price their cars well however.

Well yeah, they probably could. But they're not. I disagree that this would dissuade someone from buying a Honda-- this, as many times stated before, is a niche issue. Plus, it sounds like the local Honda dealer to you ain't so flexible.

Also 'dealer traps' exist with every manufacturer. These sort of issues have equal opportunity to happen with any car dealer you go to. I mean, I know you've tried to have them setup a bazillion times by now, but are you able to return those Discount Tire TPMS? I feel like that would quell alot of the issue. Just start over with a fresh set.

As a double-post follow up...

ahem...

SWEET STAR OF TEXAS THIS IS THE MOST PROBLEMATIC TPMS SWAP I'VE EVER FREAKING SEEN.

Back