sway bars

I did the rear sway bar by myself and I didn't find it difficult, all I did was feed the bar all the way through so that it rested on the frame and then I didn't have to hold it, just bolt it on

yeah? i just have to wait for the warm weather not having a heated garage sucks lol. me and my buddy will just make an afternoon out of it nothing like cars, a warm afternoon, a good friend and a 12 pack lol

Lol the sway bar isn't heavy. I held it up with one of my forearms and used my other hand to position the bolts.

Noooo!!! save the 12 pack!!!! You have to go test your new parts after you put them on.... then drink to your great success!!!
lol valid point

yea i've done plenty of sway bars by myself. Big ole 35 and 36mm ones on my F-bodies.

Nix ....... I'm liking the Progress bar, 22mm. It's the one for $184 (on sale). Do I need to buy the brackets with the bar? Also the stock bushings are new (8000 m), are the aftermarket bushings any better? I have a EX coupe. Thanks

I had the eibach on my si sedan was a big improvement over stock. that progress one is def bigger and will have a lot more results

Nix ....... I'm liking the Progress bar, 22mm. It's the one for $184 (on sale). Do I need to buy the brackets with the bar? Also the stock bushings are new (8000 m), are the aftermarket bushings any better? I have a EX coupe. Thanks

If you buy it from RedShift Motorsports you don't need to buy anything extra.

Yup, redshift has a good price on it, and they list everything that comes with it so no guessing. Plus Chris is totally helpful on here so that's worth my business for sure.

Nice man! Let us know how you like it once you get it on! (the bar, the bar!!!! nothing else!!)

Last edited:
Will I need to have frt/rear alignment adjusted with install of rear bar ?

Ok .... at this point I'm going with you peeps........ What made me wonder about Alignment was that it effected under steer........ So my reasoning was it most keep the rear higher........... Comes from my mc , where we raise the rear/and or lower the front to make it turn in faster ............ which you mc owners might want to think about if you want your mc to turn in better.......
So anyway that's where I was coming from..... But thinking about the body roll/lean not leaning might keep from loading the outside of the car will help it under steer , most have more to do with something other than changing the angle of the front steering .......... which I still don't understand how, but am taking the word of you peeps that know from experience....... Thx

Alignment can affect how the vehicle corners, that much is correct. Chris @ Redshift has some alignment suggestions for different applications, there are recommendations for street mild performance, street aggressive, and race / autocross.

Scroll down to the bottom of this page and you will see the recommendations. You could possibly use more camber in the front than he suggests for street, but that will tend to shorten tire life.
http://www.redshiftmotorsports.com/RedShift2012CivicSuspPackages.htm
http://www.redshiftmotorsports.com/RedShift2012CivicSuspPackages.htm

You should have a better idea after reading that as to whether or not it's worth it to get the alignment checked at the least, or make adjustments for better performance.

WP_000376.jpgok so it came in but all over the box it says 06-11 kinda worried that im gonna go to put it on and not have everything i need.

Reactions: Nix
You will have everything, Progress has started including the adapter brackets for the LX, DX, etc models on all their newer bars produced. Take a look at the hardware kit with the bushings, you should see a few bolts and a flat bar type bracket as well.

Back