Tail Of The Dragon VII 2018

Hey guys, guess what - Michelin has put out the Pilot Sport 4S tires in 225/40-18!! They're full price but the Super Sport replacements are out there. I'll have them wrapping my wheels for the spring. My PSS have been drastically losing their sticky lately. Brakes and sway bar have me off balance pushing corners. Had a couple of times where I start to feel the butt twitch a little bit.

Sorry fellas, i can't make it this year either. But next year i will be living in nc, so the potential is definitely there. Too much medical stuff going on at the moment. I'm fine, just a lot of physical therapy and whatnot at the moment for my back...

Maybe next year.

Sorry fellas, i can't make it this year either. But next year i will be living in nc, so the potential is definitely there. Too much medical stuff going on at the moment. I'm fine, just a lot of physical therapy and whatnot at the moment for my back...

Good Luck with the medical stuff. :bighug:

I should have specified September 23-30! Trip is still over a week away and the project isnt quite ready yet.

So you aren't taking the Si?

Hey guys, guess what - Michelin has put out the Pilot Sport 4S tires in 225/40-18!! They're full price but the Super Sport replacements are out there. I'll have them wrapping my wheels for the spring. My PSS have been drastically losing their sticky lately. Brakes and sway bar have me off balance pushing corners. Had a couple of times where I start to feel the butt twitch a little bit.

So how many miles on the existing PSS @FooBird?

So how many miles on the existing PSS @FooBird?

I don’t know. They’re sitting between 4-5/32. I think I got them summer 2014, maybe 2015. Can’t remember

I don’t know. They’re sitting between 4-5/32. I think I got them summer 2014, maybe 2015. Can’t remember
Even 4/32's ain't bad @FooBird but ya probably toasted the shoulder blocks.... which isn't always so bad in the rear since it helps bring the tail around. But if the front shoulders are rounded off it'll start pushing like crazy, providing an endless supply of those 'butt twitching' moments we all find so stimulating.
Now here's an idea: Think your issue could be coming from the HFP suspension? We've each got at least 60k on those struts, and the streets are nasty down here, pot holes everywhere. How about there? Have no idea how long the HFP setup is supposed to last anyway. Just because they don't leak doesn't mean they still perform like new.

Besides the Progress 22mm RWB (and Moog endlinks) the only suspension mod i've added this year are adjustable camber arms to dial in a little negative; experimenting between 1 - 1.5. Otherwise, the car is totally flat with no possible adjustment, which far from ideal. You mentioned the RSB... but I can't see how a RSB can mess things up unless it just comes loose or something. Although wait... they do have those rubber bushings which (supposedly) need to be greased once in a while. You should check those, make sure they haven't dried out and restrict movement. Think mine even have a grease zerk.

btw, if you ever consider swapping out the HPF, heard Buddy Club makes an excellent product. But for the price ($600 or about half the BC) i'd be tempted to throw on another HFP set when it's time.

Anyway, keep us posted... gotta get that ride DragonSlayer ready!

Anybody heard from @SpartanML or @k757? Be nice to know if they made it okay.

Always enjoy today for what it's worth, even in slow mo:

fall-colors-road-fb.jpg

Probably too early for this, right?

fall%20colors%20from%20Facebook%20-%20John%20Northrup.jpg

Back