Tak - The <3 of my 9th Gen Civic FB2

Finally, the entire body kit is completed on my R18. I just got the Modulo front bumper lip painted and installed by a shop.

I'm ready to go to Honda Day over this weekend. Hope to see you guys too.

WP_20160812_001.jpg

Plans to drop the car?
I seriously thought about it @wondermalt
I want to drop a bit so my civic looks more nicer. But this is my daily for my family. And NYC has lots of potholes and high curb.
If I do want to drop it, I may drop it max to 1" but I am looking for a good coilover for daily. I don't want to deal with issue after I put the after market spring with stock shocks though.
What's your idea?

As long as you don't go too low, the stock shocks will work fine with lowering springs. Or if you go with coilovers it won't matter anyways.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tak
As long as you don't go too low, the stock shocks will work fine with lowering springs. Or if you go with coilovers it won't matter anyways.

@bauer311
I have considered the Eibach Pro kit, which drops about 1" give or take. How bad is it going to ruin the stock shocks' lifespan?

I tell you. I'm hesitate to drop the car because there are some curb really bad. One time, I wasn't even able to open a right passenger because of the height of the curb........ Smh....

Thanks again

Tak

Curb stopped your door from opening?! That's definitely something to consider before lowering.

As for the stock shocks. Depending on how low you go will affect the life of the shocks. 1" isn't that bad, so you should be able to expect them to last as usual. But going 2"+ will have adverse affects on the life of the shocks, but it doesn't sound like you wanna go that low anyways.

I'm with bauer311 on this one.
If you don't feel confident about the environment you're in you shouldn't drop it.
I had to remove all my underbody panels cuz they had been damaged after I lowered my car.
My front bumper doesn't clear any of the curbs so I always have to watch out when parking or making a u-turn.
Or... you can always drive super slow - that's what these are for :D http://www.ebay.com/bhp/low-and-slow

I'm sure there are low and slow veterans on here that can chime in on this :bunny:

Both the sport pedal from StrutKing and Neopreme front row car seat cover in black color from Cover King just arrived home. YEAH. Will be another busy weekend.
:cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

Also thinking about tinting the both rear passengers' windows and rear windsheild. But my vision is not good and I suppose to wear glasses. What lightest % do you guys recommend? I want it looks cool but not very dark.
Thanks

I would do 35% its light yet it looks like you have tint

Dude, you know the tint laws are really strict in NY. 70% is legal limit. I don't know how much they enforce down there but when I lived in Upstate it seemed like they had nothing better to do than question my tint. Factory option on an old '94 Suburban.

gmc-suburban-1994-6.jpg

Back