Tak - The <3 of my 9th Gen Civic FB2

Small mods on the way - Engine bay dress up.

Just ordered an oil cap from Password:JDM and put my Skunk2 reservoir cover on the brake fluid tank today.
Now onto getting radiator cap.

Guys, Any brand recommended? I see some sickspeed radiator cap on eBay. Are they good and genuine?

Thanks,

Last edited:
I believe Honda rad caps are all the same size. I think sick speed probably makes an "ok" product but rely on colors to sell. My opinion is "ricer crap" but hey, they do make a lot of fun bits and I don't think you'll have any issues with a radiator cap from them. Also, "ricer crap" is pretty fun. I won't hate too much on it. I like pretty anodized bits as much as the next guy. Just maybe don't use them for springs or brake pads and fluid.

That said, I think the legit Mugen rad cap is the same as the stock one with a "Mugen" sticker on it for an extra $75. Yeah, I know there are high pressure rad caps out there but really..... I doubt the real deal Mugen cap is that different from the OEM honda one. I have seen a Mishimoto cap with a temp gauge in it. I thought those were pretty trick bits.

https://www.vividracing.com/catalog...cmp=FullFeed&gclid=COOF2LivzM8CFQkyaQodvewM3w

300-MMRC-GS_2_6.png

I would avoid sickspeed stuff. It's junk and the colors will fade in less than a year. I got mine from blackworksracing.

Reactions: Tak
Mook d through the description on the one @Twitch posted. It's just a cover not a higher rated radiator cap. Dunno what you're looking for @Tak, but just food for thought.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Mook d through the description on the one @Twitch posted. It's just a cover not a higher rated radiator cap. Dunno what you're looking for @Tak, but just food for thought.

Yes it is just a cap. I figured he was just looking for a bit of dress up piece with no need for anything performance based.

@bauer311
Do you have a link about the high rated radiator cap? I want to take a look and compare.

Thanks

Yes it is just a cap. I figured he was just looking for a bit of dress up piece with no need for anything performance based.
Yes @Twitch
I want to dress up a bit. But is there any difference using a high rated cap for daily?
I doubt it though in my opinion.

I don't foresee a circumstance in which a lightly modded car would need a high performance radiator cap. I could see if you were running boost or tracking the car how it would be necessary.

My understanding (which could be wrong) is that the cap will allow higher amounts of pressure to build in the system thus letting the antifreeze/water get hotter before boiling. You may need this if you need to run different than oem antifreeze levels or if your car is reaching higher heat levels from boost or intense driving.

However increased pressure could exploit a weak spot in the system. My point of view would be if it's not broken don't mess with it.

@Twitch
That's what I thought. High rated cap is a waste of $.
I may just get the one from the link you provided. I assume that cap is equivalent to OEMs performance.

Just ordered the radiator cap cover in red from vms racing. Will take a pic when the oil cap and radiator cap cover are arrived and installed.

Now I'm thinking about getting the JDM R18 valve cover. I'm not a huge fan of carbon fiber cover. But the JDM cover is kinda expensive with just the ivtec decal on.....

Thanks guys

Reactions: Nix
Thanks man.

So, you have the single year full cover that goes over the spark plugs? The only difference with the JDM one is the i-vtec badge isn't it? Just buy the badge off flea bay!

You have this: (minus the silver heat shield)

d3e76f23.jpg

Not this:

124721d1402822349-please-help-me-identifying-valve-plug-2008_honda_civic_picture10.jpg

Correct?

Back