Teacher Chat Thread...College, Elementary, Middle, and High School

Boy, tough to give an evaluation. What an ordeal.

This class was horrible this semester and my reviews will come back horrible after having really good ones the last two semesters. Oh, well. If this had been my first semester teaching, I would not have continued to do so.

I gave my last final today and I'm already getting email from my summer students....we start again Monday...after I lead a student camping trip.

I gave my last final today and I'm already getting email from my summer students....we start again Monday...after I lead a student camping trip.

I was supposed to teach during the first summer session, but it looks like there won't be enough students for minimum enrollment. I won't mind the break.

i got through my first week of teaching summer session. Its interesting, but i have 4 terminal seniors taking one of the last classes they need to meet graduation requirements.

they may not be motivated, but im working to give them in class demos to keep their attention and demonstrate principles in ways other than lecture, so im having fun with it. Monday they are making paper airplanes.

consulting with my syllabus, im almost a full week ahead. ive covered all the material thats on the first exam has been covered now, their exam isnt until next friday.

during the semester this class is 50 min lectures, i have the same number of sessions but each is 1:15 long. the class doesnt have enough material to cover all of the 50 min lectures

consulting with my syllabus, im almost a full week ahead. ive covered all the material thats on the first exam has been covered now, their exam isnt until next friday.

during the semester this class is 50 min lectures, i have the same number of sessions but each is 1:15 long. the class doesnt have enough material to cover all of the 50 min lectures

I have found that when you have fewer students, you go through lectures faster due to fewer questions from the students. My suggestion is to provide more prompts for students to engage in the class. Or some in class questions to work on in pairs.

ive been trying, but not all of the material lends itself to that sort of work

gave my first exam today, one student somehow missed the multiple annoucements that they could use a note sheet, so he didnt have one, looks like he did pretty well regardless.

Now i want to work on my car but really should grade exams instead

gave my first exam today, one student somehow missed the multiple annoucements that they could use a note sheet, so he didnt have one, looks like he did pretty well regardless.

Now i want to work on my car but really should grade exams instead
Corrections. Ugh. Better get used to them.

{~~~~~~ Gr. 4 teacher
Let me know if you have any gr. 4 Math, Science etc. problems and I can help you out.

Sometimes I feel like a teacher having to explain some math to my co-workers so that in turn, they can explain it my our property owners.

Sometimes I feel like a teacher having to explain some math to my co-workers so that in turn, they can explain it my our property owners.

Sometimes I would rather do that than teach undergrads intro to financial or managerial accounting. I enjoyed teaching upper level and graduate classes much more than intro classes.

Back